H 2.5 to 3.5 rod

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a 7075 t6 aluminum rod with babbit bearing for these motors. We use to race 1/4 midgets using Tecumseh's We have a machinist that made the rods for them. We are trying to get him to make them for minibikes now. Any interest let me know..

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a 7075 t6 aluminum rod with babbit bearing for these motors. We use to race 1/4 midgets using Tecumseh's We have a machinist that made the rods for them. We are trying to get him to make them for minibikes now. Any interest let me know..
I’d be interested

markus

what version rod are you basing it off of? the 28593 used in the early 60's or the typical to later mini bikes 30809-30963?

Probably the early 60's one. I am not building them a machinist is if we can get enough. I know the rod was around in the late sixties. Does that help you.

I am sorry but there isn't enough interest for him to make the agai We will keep talking to him to change his mind. Thanks

delray

interesting you say they came with a babbit bearing. i may have couple different pictures of that same rod you might of had back in the day depending what type of motor it was.
this one was made for a block that came with a oil pump.
as you can see it has no dipper.
image245.jpeg
image246.jpeg

this one has the dipper on it.
hplong.PNG

arc does make a .875 babbit bearing and little bit luck with some measurements from the tecumseh and maybe little finesse with machine work that bearing might work? and i'm sure you could use the arc rod bolts they sell in different lengths. all this might help you local machinist make them little bit easier. i would interested in one if you guy decides to change his mind.
i like to see one of these little guys turn 7000+ rpm's ....between my legs....lol

demon72 you might like to see this build i did couple years. you could say it's a one off only build done like this....;)
https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/hs-40-build.161335/

delray

very cool if you could come up with some old pictures of you 1/4 midgets or anything that was tied into it...engine,tracks...etc...
growing and staying at one of my cousins in the summers he had a 1/4 midget without a motor we used to just sit in it and roll it around. my uncle at the same time had a full size midget that he race on sundays. he also ran a body shop at is house and work with fiberglass alot(corvettes )and was making the bodys for the local midget drivers. i can remember seeing all these big haulers and big name local drivers at is house pickup new body parts or he was repairing them from last weeks wrecks.

very cool if you could come up with some old pictures of you 1/4 midgets or anything that was tied into it...engine,tracks...etc...
growing and staying at one of my cousins in the summers he had a 1/4 midget without a motor we used to just sit in it and roll it around. my uncle at the same time had a full size midget that he race on sundays. he also ran a body shop at is house and work with fiberglass alot(corvettes )and was making the bodys for the local midget drivers. i can remember seeing all these big haulers and big name local drivers at is house pickup new body parts or he was repairing them from last weeks wrecks.
We raced at Lehigh alley 1/4 midget club outside of Allentown Pa.

interesting you say they came with a babbit bearing. i may have couple different pictures of that same rod you might of had back in the day depending what type of motor it was.
this one was made for a block that came with a oil pump.
as you can see it has no dipper.
View attachment 272032
View attachment 272033

this one has the dipper on it.
View attachment 272034

arc does make a .875 babbit bearing and little bit luck with some measurements from the tecumseh and maybe little finesse with machine work that bearing might work? and i'm sure you could use the arc rod bolts they sell in different lengths. all this might help you local machinist make them little bit easier. i would interested in one if you guy decides to change his mind.
i like to see one of these little guys turn 7000+ rpm's ....between my legs....lol

demon72 you might like to see this build i did couple years. you could say it's a one off only build done like this....;)
https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/hs-40-build.161335/
Do you have this connecting? If so, are you interested in selling it? If not, can you take some measurements off it?

Thanks

delray

The piston and rod you have in the picture look like the one that we raced with. The ones we used were made locally I was wondering what kind of rod that is.
you could say it's a small world. there is a very good chance the picture of the rod without the dipper came from your area(pa) and this might of been your motor. location of this motor today ? unknown. if you could tell me detail things about this motor i might be able to verify it was yours? there was some crazy things done to this motor that i have never seen before on a little H motor. i see you have a number posted. if you want i can call you sometime.

delray

Do you have this connecting? If so, are you interested in selling it? If not, can you take some measurements off it?

Thanks
sorry i don't. really looks easy to make if a guy had a new stock rod in front of him and then go from there. the downfall it would take little time setting things and making it manual mill. if a guy had a cnc setup......? make dozen...100...etc..?

you could say it's a small world. there is a very good chance the picture of the rod without the dipper came from your area(pa) and this might of been your motor. location of this motor today ? unknown. if you could tell me detail things about this motor i might be able to verify it was yours? there was some crazy things done to this motor that i have never seen before on a little H motor. i see you have a number posted. if you want i can call you sometime.
You can call me afternoons any day. The 59tbird is my brother.