H30 side exhaust question

I have a couple H30 Tecumseh engines with side exhaust ports. I've checked OldMiniBikes warehouse and cannot seem to find any header style exhausts for these engines. Can anyone recommend another place to look?? The stock exhaust blows right on the riders leg.

Your best bet it the hardware store :doah: I used an elbow, a straight, a coupler, lock nuts and muffler with some header wrap :thumbsup: or you could build a custom one

markus

I have a couple H30 Tecumseh engines with side exhaust ports. I've checked OldMiniBikes warehouse and cannot seem to find any header style exhausts for these engines. Can anyone recommend another place to look?? The stock exhaust blows right on the riders leg.
When they did use side exhaust (which was not as common) they were usually on forward peg bikes and it was usually due to fitment issues.

I'm playing with a side popper right now, giving it the Hardly-davidson wrinkle coat look, which should make it faster :wink:

some of them have a threaded exhaust port and some dont, unfortunate for me mine does not :doah: If it did I could use something like the fitting and muff on the bottom, the one above it is the stock box muff but it has a divertor to exit out the rear, I would at least look for something like that. But if its threaded, a 90 degree plumbers fitting and some piping or just thread a hot dog muff if room allows might be the easiest.

jrzmac

Mine didn't have threads so I had another member make one for me. His name is Metal Man. he made a few of them I think, he might have an extra one laying around? Give him a try.... If the port has threads, you could always do the 1/2" pipe fitting exhaust. and then wrap it with header wrap, unless you want to see all the fittings? This is how he did mine. not original btw, It was definitely copied from someone else. Cant remember who right now but he had a few bikes with the same type of headers! heres how mine turned out:

Mine didn't have threads so I had another member make one for me. His name is Metal Man. he made a few of them I think, he might have an extra one laying around? Give him a try.... If the port has threads, you could always do the 1/2" pipe fitting exhaust. and then wrap it with header wrap, unless you want to see all the fittings? This is how he did mine. not original btw, It was definitely copied from someone else. Cant remember who right now but he had a few bikes with the same type of headers! heres how mine turned out:

That looks awesome!

T-Town Mini

I used pipe fittings and wrapped it up for mine, too.

I think the best way would be to get an exhaust flange and a header tubing kit and weld it up yourself (or, have someone do it for you) for a custom fit.

Here are a few answers I have had to the side-popper conundrum....

This simple setup worked good but blew right onto the frame and was cooking the paint. :doah:

Here is the "plumber's special" setup I came up with....worked great but not so pretty, lol. Could have covered it all up with that heat tape stuff though, I suppose. :shrug:

Here is my latest creation, I used a 90 degree elbow but both female ended and cut a threaded piece and lock-tited it in one end to make one end "male" and it is a better flowing elbow than the off-the-shelf ones that narrow down on the male end so much.

Then coming out the other end of the elbow is a long pipe inside this chrome sleeve with a threaded end for optional muffler (for urban neighbor appeasement). I am thinking I am going to modify this eventually by drilling the inner pipe a bunch and and inserting packing making it one big muffler, eliminating the need for the one on the end! :thumbsup:

Exhaust Flange

As a long tine owner of a small eng shop TEC; made flanges for use when the block threads were stripped;In both 3/8&1/2 n.p.t. If you can find a dealer thats been around awhile or Very Simply,Just make a flange :thumbsup:

MB165

this is what my son and i did with his. its holding up so far. the wrap really helps too.

DSCF4025.jpg

im gonna make some low profile billet manifolds over next winter.

If my plans work out the way i hope, they should work pretty good, using recessed bolts to attach to the block, and a threaded female outlet.