H30

Just wanted to say thanks to Chipper for the great deal on this one!!!! First I cleaned and checked the points, not my favorite thing to do, also installed some new fuel line. Added the NOS pull start and some para-cord and some new bolts to hold it on, i'll trim them later. Added my modified throttle and a linkage between the governor arm & carb, and added the fuel tank. I will pull the carb to clean it and install new gaskets. The paint really isn't to bad and it might buff out, you never know! Thanks again Chipper!!

Attachments

Thanks Drew! No go on cleaning the paint. I guess I'll be repainting it as close as I can get to the original color. Anyone know a good source for the stickers?

markus

peewee pinstripe may have done some of those in the chrome?? I want to say another member had some done that way. I just got an NOS set off ebay from a seller called dozerdude1 few days ago. They would sometimes come with replacement shrouds (hence the timing belt replacement style decal for the ID numbers), this was probably a leftover from something like that but it may be worth a shot at asking if he has more as he has lots of old stock.

markus

Looks good! Is that color a match to the 80's charcoal grey They used? If so you got a code or brand name. depending on how far I go with one I have from that era I may just be able to touch it up over stripping it all down and starting over.

Thanks Markus! I looked at about 10 different colors of gray and finally found the right one. It is Duplicolor Graphite wheel paint. # hwp102. I have used this paint before and cost twice as much but works awesome. It has held up really well on brake rotors, calipers and valve covers.