h35 carb cleaning

Ok i just bought a manco tbird with a H35 motor it sat out side about a year, so i drained the gas tank put fresh gas in and tried startn it bout 10 times and nothing so i pulled the carb off. When i took the bowl off there was not a drop of fuel in the bowl just rust and corrosion. What is the best way to get this back to good running condition or am i best off replacing the carb with a new one?

buckeye

That looks to be a adjustable carb.
You could rebuild it.
I think OldMiniBikes Warehouse has the kits.
Always buy a new carb and be done with it too.:thumbsup:

WrenchDad

In My opinion You could clean that one and try it first it doesnt take much.Remove any adjustable valves (count your turns) and fish a thin wire thru any hole you can, Make sure your float valve and draw tube are clear then squirt carb cleaner or WD40 in all the holes . I dont recomend using pressureized air because you may unseat and or lose any valve seats or O rings. Usually that will do it. your pictures look like you just had some water from condensate in there and it's probably just plugged up. I have used many that look like that. If you cant get it cleared then you can spend the 40 on a new one.