H35 Carb update

Hi all, love the site. So much great stuff here. I need help with a carb conversion. I have a 1971 Rupp Scrambler with an H35 Tecumseh engine with a diaphragm carb. I tried rebuilding the carb to no avail. I see carbs on e bay for cheap but the are all float bowl types. Will one of these work on my mini ? Can someone suggest which one would work ? Please help. Thanks in advance. I put a picture of the carb below.

Attachments

capguncowboy

Couple of notes -- that's an H35, so a slanted option is almost impossible (h35 slanted intakes are hard to find and no one is repopping them that I know of). Rebuild that carb, be sure to clean out the passage ways and you should be fine

You need to adjust the carb in order for it to run right, if it idles fine, then the main jet probably needs richening. The two screws on the clutch side of the engine are mixture screws, threading them out=richer mixture, threading them in=leaner mixture. The one closer to the engine is idle mixture, the one closer to the filter is main or high speed mixture.