H35 Rebuild Log

My version of a stock muffler is a bit different than any other. Here in NZ most H35's came on reel mowers and the odd rotary-tiller. This one would have come off a mower. The stock muffler is usually a big round thing with a short exhaust out the side, but somebody in the 70s/80s decided that they hated that and welded on a pipe instead, thus creating this one off hot-rod masterpiece. I just drilled more holes in the hidden inside part so it could breathe better. I also created a new heat shield out of stainless. it is held on by one bolt but is springy so the muffler holds it on. My parts will arrive on September the 4th, when my mum gets back from Oklahoma :thumbsup:

OND, I'm gonna need a bit of help on that I think. I was planning on mounting it on the rear, behind the seat sorta thing. I have seen a few bikes with that setup and I like the look of it. How are they usually mounted?

At least I think I have a filter sorted. I brought a bunch of NOS Briggs parts a while back and got a cool NOS glass bowl filter. I saw a bike with one. I hope the threads are the same as those of the fuel tank, not sure yet.

Yes jack, most put the gas tank behind the seat..thats where I'm going to put mine.

Well I got all my parts today, and I brought the wrong head gasket, even though it says it was for an H series...:hammer:
I have the motor 80% assembled now, and I just need to find a gasket local :thumbsup:
I put the coil back on in the exact same place as last time and it has spark... Do I still need to precisely time it? It gets good spark every time the magnet passes by. I saw that tutorial in the Tec page and would follow that if necessary?

-Jack

buckeye

Hopefully it is sparking at the right time.

I haven't really checked in on your thread for awhile.
You are doing a great job. Thumbs up to you.