H35 throttle assembly options

Triley41395

So I just realized that my H35 doesn't have any throttle control or even a place to mount one. Just wanted to know for sure if a 730136a would fit this tecumseh or I have several recreational controls that came of 8hp tecumsehs. Or maybe neither and I need something different. I just don't want to start drilling holes in the shroud if I need something different 20220724_065626.jpg Screenshot_20220724-071528_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220724-071509_Gallery.jpg

markus

Yes the 730136a is the replacement/superceeded part adaptable for recreational (spring return) throttles to use on small frame engines if your fine with the later style look (with the spring they supply its early 1980's up, If you use the short spring its 1974-early 1980's lookswise. Blackwidowmotorstports is showing the old style repro's on their site currently as well, which are very close with exception to some of the nuts they used. The holes on the mount assembly are a direct fit to ones your backplate has from the factory. your era engine they were screwed on, by 1971 they were riveting them on.

I did a little writeup on those a few years back showing how to get full throttle control out of them like they were made in earlier years and also some basic info about the springs etc... that may help if you go that route: Throttle controls info

Triley41395

If you can’t find one pm me
Yes the 730136a is the replacement/superceeded part adaptable for recreational (spring return) throttles to use on small frame engines if your fine with the later style look (with the spring they supply its early 1980's up, If you use the short spring its 1974-early 1980's lookswise. Blackwidowmotorstports is showing the old style repro's on their site currently as well, which are very close with exception to some of the nuts they used. The holes on the mount assembly are a direct fit to ones your backplate has from the factory. your era engine they were screwed on, by 1971 they were riveting them on.

I did a little writeup on those a few years back showing how to get full throttle control out of them like they were made in earlier years and also some basic info about the springs etc... that may help if you go that route: Throttle controls info
Thank you both. I had no idea how it attached to the housing, I was going to drill and bolt one on. I know better now. I'll think about how I want to proceed, probably the older look.