H50 aluminium flywheel.

Just pulled a H50 apart and it has a aluminium flywheel? I knew the charge engines are aluminum but this is the 1st I've seen a non-charge Big Block with one?

Motra

Usually an aluminum flywheel is used when the machine the engine is intended to power has a heavy attachment that acts like a flywheel. That's why lawnmowers that have the blade attached directly to the crankshaft use an aluminum flywheel, the weight of the blade has a flywheel affect too.

was there ever an application for a newer style hs50 with magento ign that came with an alum or light weight flywheel??
When you say newer do you mean breaker-less? With the magnets on the outside?The reason I ask is because I have HS50 aluminum flywheels. But I think they have always been Magneto ignition, I was under the understanding that they are either points or inductive pick up?
Maybe we will both learn something?
Randy:scooter:

125ccCrazy

When you say newer do you mean breaker-less? With the magnets on the outside?The reason I ask is because I have HS50 aluminum flywheels. But I think they have always been Magneto ignition, I was under the understanding that they are either points or inductive pick up?
Maybe we will both learn something?
Randy:scooter:
yes magnets on the outside, electronic, mag, whatever you want to call the ignition... No Points...

I didn't know if Tec had an alum version like briggs flatheads do, smaller, lighter from a mower or smaller engine..