H50 timing

copyman

Hi,

Can someone please confirm the B.T.D.C. spec for an old (1971) TEC H50 engine. The L head manual has it at 0.080 but a friend of mine who specializes in timing small engines sent me several TEC docs showing H50 as 0.050
Hard to believe the L head manual would have a MIS-print but see the attached document he sent me.
Thanks
20210131_183521.jpg

markus

The 1976 printing of the Poster/wall chart has them at .090 :D, the 1983 printing of the repair manual has it @ .080 and seemed to have stayed that way in the books......Its funny how Tecs are so critical on timing and yet every printing of the manuals and posters were all over the place, not just on the medium frames either.

copyman

The 1976 printing of the Poster/wall chart has them at .090 :D, the 1983 printing of the repair manual has it @ .080 and seemed to have stayed that way in the books......Its funny how Tecs are so critical on timing and yet every printing of the manuals and posters were all over the place, not just on the medium frames either.
Thanks Markus & Skipp, What size is the old H50 65286H engine considered? Med frame or is there a large frame engine? I was thinking the chart my friend sent me says small & medium frames at 0.050. Maybe if such a thing as large frame engine that is 0.080 ?? Just throwing it out there:confused:

And I guess you guys have set the H50 engine to 0.080 and was fine?

I finally found the original TEC dial indicator online at a decent price and trying to figure this out before it is delivered and I do the timing.

Thanks again