H60 Gov arm too far away for link

Trying to set up my big block throttle brackets and i notice this engines governor arm doesnt swing anywhere close to what it should in order to connect a throttle link. Below is the maximum in each direction. Is this just a case of removing the arm and reinstalling in a better position or is the governor effed up inside?

125ccCrazy

on all of mine the flat part of the gov shaft is parallel with the block, you may want to pull the side cover. the gov may have grenaded inside.

See this link...I found it for Adam (Unorthodox) when he was having trouble with his H50, may help you out: Govenor not working on Econo Horse Tecumseh H60 engine - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

The geometry is pretty funky. See also this section (go forward from #158) of Adam's Restomod. Ignore my #165--I was incorrect--it's an HS50 video. Here's the link: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/projects-and-rides/102647-gilson-restomod-16.html

See this link...I found it for Adam (Unorthodox) when he was having trouble with his H50, may help you out: Govenor not working on Econo Horse Tecumseh H60 engine - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

The geometry is pretty funky. See also this section (go forward from #158) of Adam's Restomod. Ignore my #165--I was incorrect--it's an HS50 video. Here's the link: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/projects-and-rides/102647-gilson-restomod-16.html
Thanks i will!

I would agree with 125ccC. The flat's on the gov. shaft coming out of the side cover should be pretty much parallel to the cover when the cover is mounted and engine is static. I also see that the arms are mounted with the incorrect hardware. The top of the arm where it attaches to the head originally used a split rivet. The small flat bracket mounted to the large C shaped bracket with a hex head type bolt/nut combo. Maybe doesn't matter. I'd take the cover off myself and confirm the spool is OK and go from there.
Regards,
Joe51

I had the cover off the H60 I'm working on today. I pulled the retainer bracket to clean the spool and behind it, and I think it could be pretty easy to get the spindle rod misaligned. As I reassembled it, the little spindle didn't look oriented quite the same. So....I agree with other guys that pulling the cover is in order.

I had the cover off the H60 I'm working on today. I pulled the retainer bracket to clean the spool and behind it, and I think it could be pretty easy to get the spindle rod misaligned. As I reassembled it, the little spindle didn't look oriented quite the same. So....I agree with other guys that pulling the cover is in order.
I know i know but the whole damn bike is all put together. I cant take the thought of breaking it all down again. Haha. In any case i was messing around with it tonight and its just about where it should be now. I was watching video of this motor earlier from when i got it running and i can see the gov arm doing its thing when rev'ed. I think its working. Who the hell knows... I'm willing to risk it.

Stay tuned for video of me loosing my testicles when a gov spool smashes through the block during my ride test!