hahahahahahaha

The dude did a good job on it but it's not even 100% there and far from correct which he does state with the big briggs fiver which is a nice engine nicely done, I'd love to have it for my Trailblazer. The wheels are fantastic and many know they would make $300 on Ebay with tires and tubes, sprocket etc. Yeah that's way too much to hope for. I'd give em $500 for it shipped, I really would.:laugh:

buckeye

Someone who is a uninformed, don't know nothin, wishin they had the bike they had when they were a kid, and more letters after their name than sence. That is crazy overpriced.
Damn, I was gonna bid. Not

You guys are making me feel bad:

$180 Sensation with 2.5hp Greyhound (yes I overpaid but you don't find them here very often and mine has the fenders)
$107 212cc Predator
$132 adj. engine mount, chain guard, clutch -- but I think worth it; I wrote a review on these
$75 Kenny seat (this will really look nice)
$48 10 ft chain, chain tool, extra links
$47 tire, inner tubes (bought two tubes)
$40 throttle twist grips, kickstand, foot pegs (I'm going to resell these-- not using)
$15 bearings
$30 rim and fender sandblasting--SO wish I hadn't done that...
$20 paint
$36 sprockets--I bought two sizes to play with--Sensations had odd sprockets
$40 sprocket machining to fit the Sensation oversized rim bore
$9 NOS Hunt Wilde foot peg covers
$5 fork bolt
$25? Misc hardware store stuff, e.g. making a nice throttle bracket for the old engine and an original-looking kickstand.

That's over 800 bucks.

Some of that is good for other bikes. And some of it I can sell, e.g. the old engine. Some I didn't need to buy. I was learning. I got killed on shipping-- could have made larger orders.

But the frame still needs to be re-painted--it's not worthy of the Project forum--and even though the new 212cc engine is a beast, his engine is actually the correct size and type for the MB-6L, which was the nicer version of the MB-6A.

No way I would have paid a grand from the start, and for me, there is value in the fun I have had, bringing the bike back to life. But it ain't cheap, that's for sure. If you'd told me I'd be spending that much, I would have walked away.

Neck

Growing up is optional
I'm so glad my children have grown up to respect others.The haha guy and the outlaw guy,you two need to find another hobby.
Dude, lighten up! We've been in this hobby long enough to know what we can get for our bikes, no matter how much we've spent to make them what they are! But funny as it may seem, it's still nice to dream.

toomanytoys

You guys are making me feel bad:

$180 Sensation with 2.5hp Greyhound (yes I overpaid but you don't find them here very often and mine has the fenders)
$107 212cc Predator
$132 adj. engine mount, chain guard, clutch -- but I think worth it; I wrote a review on these
$75 Kenny seat (this will really look nice)
$48 10 ft chain, chain tool, extra links
$47 tire, inner tubes (bought two tubes)
$40 throttle twist grips, kickstand, foot pegs (I'm going to resell these-- not using)
$15 bearings
$30 rim and fender sandblasting--SO wish I hadn't done that...
$20 paint
$36 sprockets--I bought two sizes to play with--Sensations had odd sprockets
$40 sprocket machining to fit the Sensation oversized rim bore
$9 NOS Hunt Wilde foot peg covers
$5 fork bolt
$25? Misc hardware store stuff, e.g. making a nice throttle bracket for the old engine and an original-looking kickstand.

That's over 800 bucks.
You stated the problem right there. You have 800 dollars in a bike thats worth to me, 300-400 bucks IMO! Don't get angry, but thats my opinion.

I have over 1200 dollars invested in my super bronc, over 1000 invested in my hill topper, and about 1000 in my black widow(thats doesn't have the correct motor, carb, or TAV) Will I see that money back if I ever sell them? Nope. Not even close...

We will never see what we invest in these little bikes back ever. Anyone who thinks they will is demented.

There are a few bikes I would pay a lot of money for. An All orginal MX1510, an all orginal untouched super bronc, and a perfect Blackwidow(i'm watching the one on ebay now)

I say cant blame a guy for trying :shrug: If hes got alot of money into which it looks like he does. He probrobly doesnt care if he sells it or not. If somebody cares to pay that much then cool. I for one. Dont like to give stuff away for what I have into it.

We will never see what we invest in these little bikes back ever. Anyone who thinks they will is demented.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell right there. This hobby is certainly cheaper than some others by far.... That don't make it "cheap".

I've got at least $500 or better in my El Tigre, and even I wouldn't pay that for it as a done bike. :eek:ut:

Not to toot my own horn. But I could sell that bike for $1000... I am in the wholesale business and deal with a lot of people with a lot of money who have even more of an ego than sense.. I put together a lot of stuff and bring it to the auction. Car auction. I don't sdvertise it. I just show up with it. When they see me (340 pounds) riding around on pretty much anything I bring,they all want it. Either for themselves,kids,grandkids,neighborhood. Ect... I have sold many trikes,mini bikes, Mobility scooters and all around fun stuff.... I have a friend who owns 50 Amphicars(google them,cars that also are boats) and he has them all over his property. He says " the person who will pay the most...doesn't even know they exist yet"... When someone with money wants something,it doesn't matter what it costs... $1000 seems like a lot to most of us. But what is your time worth? Even when you are into it for $500 with labor you are closer to $1000. So if someone with money wanted something and went out and bought it for what WE normally do and then bought the parts,THEN paid labor... It would work out the same. I don't knock anyone for trying to make a buck...Sometimes you get lucky and get a bite.... You can always go down on an asking price. But try going up sometime...
P.S. I won't even get into the fact you can get a lot of stuff in some parts of the country any day of the week cheap. But I have to search for months before finding anything within 2 states....DAMN YOU MICHIGAN...TRIKE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!~!!!!!

You stated the problem right there. You have 800 dollars in a bike thats worth to me, 300-400 bucks IMO! Don't get angry, but thats my opinion.
:surrender:
I agree with you; it got away from me as I was learning. But I don't have expensive hobbies. Mostly I work around the house and yard.

But you also haven't seen it finished. I'm planning to do the powder coating myself, which will save a little. And it will definitely be worth more than 300-400 bucks, especially around here where you can't get anything decent for 500. But I don't care; it's not for sale.:001_tt2:

All good observations, all around. But I hope the guys gets it. After a few emails with him I can tell he's a good guy. And his isn't the only 1G mini on eBay.

mybiz

Geezzzee you all need to loosen your hats a notch or 2. Its all in fun but if you want true original vintage it costs ya 2 arms and 2 legs and a nad or 2 today. 4 or 5 years ago you could buy at OK prices. But back in late 60's early 70's prices was better,:shrug: My 1st mini I bought was $25 I thought it was a bit pricey.:laugh: Just another hahahaha= Vintage Fox 1964 "Campus Bike" Mini Bike | eBay

My first one was $25 too. I begged my folks to let me buy it, but I had to save the pennies for sure. My dad was on my side. He convinced my mother. And I remember when I threw the rod on the old Tecumseh he took it to get fixed. Never mentioned what it cost. Same for when I broke the fork and he took it to get welded. I wish he were still around so I could tell him I remember that. Sort of got off topic, sorry.

you know when most of us kick the bucket our families will be selling our :scooter: 's on ebay or craigslist before the grass covers the plot :scared: of land above us :laugh:

TomH

you know when most of us kick the bucket our families will be selling our :scooter: 's on ebay or craigslist before the grass covers the plot :scared: of land above us :laugh:
Yep, I watched the slot car hobby do that. Prices were really up and peaked about 2005. The older collectors started unloading or passing away, there is a bit of a surplus and prices have fallen to about half of what they were in 05. Same thing is going to happen with mini's I bet. The older collectors liquidate or pass away and more bikes will be available to buy. There won't be the high demand, so prices will lower. Lets face it, the mini bike craze was only a few years long, just like the slot cars. After that, most younger kids growing up had three wheelers, mini trails, ATV's etc. There will still be a demand but, I think the supply will be more than the demand. I am not seeing anybody selling 20, or 30 bikes yet, but it will probably happen as time rolls on. I know mine will be gone, shortly after my ashes hit the ground. won't matter to me, I'll be outa here.

Last edited: