HAPPY 96 th BIRTHDAY

I want to wish my mother a very happy birthday she is 96 today. She has never road a mini bike or a go Kart but she was a full time partner in D&D mini cycle. She got to see first hand how happy it made people of all ages when the bought a new machine or purchased parts to fix their ride. Took in service jobs. We fought hard times when the gas wars were on and people just stopped buying toys for their weekend fun.

Here is Estelle Durham , Danny Daniels , And me on opening day

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Durham...!!

Steve, please give your Mom our thanks for her contribution to the hobby/sport, that we love so much.

And our congratulations on 96 years...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Happy birthday to your mom, Steve. I always love your stories and photos. If I did this right, here's the google maps street view of your shop's address, 3060 Orange Ave. It said this image is from 2015.

Thanks Tom I drove past the store when I was down in California for the Mini Bike event in Oxnard, Cal
There was one shop building that was eliminated for parking inside the gate. Every thing in the neighborhood had been changed. Now there is no go Kart track across the street LOL. This tight little track was a good practice track for in town tuning. They held races on Sundays so I had to stock up on McCulloch engines and parts along with fuel and tires.