Harbor Freight 20 ton hydraulic press on sale

Bikerscum

Couple of things...

HF appears to be phasing out the orange welded construction model for a grey bolted together version. Which is best I guess depends on who did the wleding lol. I got the welded version figuring it would be stronger... the bolted model seemed a little flimsy on the showroom floor. But then maybe the bolts weren't tight :shrug:

Mine was missing the 2 cast iron plates. Of course I had the whole thing put together when I realized this. I called the 800 number (didn't want to hassle with taking it back apart & returning it), the offshore support person was very helpful, & promised to ship out replacements righ away. We'll see. It has a 90 day return period.

:grind:

got my press today. actually needed it to do a wheel bearing. and we charged enough to buy the press :thumbsup: had to rearange a little to make a spot for it in the garage. id post a pic but all my photobuckets are maxed out . again :doah: im sure its going to make my life easier . and my bfh will get a break :hammer:

Bikerscum

Got my box from HF yesterday with my missing cast iron plates. Make that plate... they only sent 1 despite my telling the "customer service" person 10 times that there should be 2.

They promised to send out another.

:censure:

i made sure to check for the plates and i was relieved to see them in the box. theyre suposed to be in the big box . very nice plates though. i didnt expect them to be so heavy. today i used the press to help remove some 3 wheeler tires with the huge bead lock. it got the job done

also here it was only on sale for $200. and i had a coupon for 150. i could have used that or my 25% coupon. still a good deal. It pisses me off how cheap the chinese can send stuff here. If I had to ship that press to china it would probroby cost $1000.