Harbor Freight 22H.P. V-Twin

scootercat

Just got My H/F flyer in the mail and they list a 670 cc V-Twin horizontal shaft for $599.99....Anybody see one at their H/F store?....Scootercat....

GustoGuy

Just got My H/F flyer in the mail and they list a 670 cc V-Twin horizontal shaft for $599.99....Anybody see one at their H/F store?....Scootercat....
How much power is that V-twin engine rated for? I bet it would make a nice go cart engine since it would be way too big to shoe horn into a minibike.

I pondered the idea before,ended up with sticking with the 420cc engine. can make 20-25 hp with way less weight and done need to hack the bike to much.the other thing was ungoverned rpm's was lower with the v-twin than with the single. They do sound good with open pipes though!

How much power is that V-twin engine rated for? I bet it would make a nice go cart engine since it would be way too big to shoe horn into a minibike.
Sounds like a challenge? :smile:

Maybe just build a frame that fits the motor perhaps, either way, sounds like fun to me!

WLB

I shouldn't have looked at this thread--especially after just selling a big toy and having money in my pocket and a 22 hp Briggs V twin with no carbs in the pole barn. Must resist temptation. Must resist temptation. Must res...

I saw that same ad. Called my local HF and the guy told me they jumped the gun on the advertisement. Apparently they won't be in ready supply for another two months roughly. Little pricy for Chinese quality but definitely intriguing.