Harbor Freight 6.5HP Clones on SALE again. Get your COUPON here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't a $99 engine. Its a $159 engine on sale for $99.

They are Very good engines and not just because of the price. The qaulity is on par with anything else being made for under $200.

The Lifan clone I would bet is close to being on par with honda itself.

You just need to figure out if you can get past the Fact that it is Chinese. And If that's the case I totally understand.

If you have a nice vintage bike you are trying to restore to a high standard I would find a used tiller 5hp briggs that runs nice and swap it on it.

As for as reliability....
I have had my Lifan 6.5 for two years . It only has about 10 hours on it though. It has had the governer removed since before I started it. I'm not Gentle with it either. I weigh 240lbs and I beat the crap out of whatever bike it goes on.

Its has proved pretty reliable and any parts can be had readily at any honda engine dealer. There's also many ebay stores that carry new clone parts at decent prices.

I have rebuild no less than 50 Honda GX140 and GX160 engines. The GX160 is a bullet proof engine that will far outlast any other equivalent. If this Chinese engine is even half as good as a Honda original, then its easily worth the $99. Even $159 is not bad. We put the GX160's on gokarts at this amusement park I used to work at. They were ran HARD for 16 hrs a day and lasted about 2-3 seasons which was amazing.

I thought that I had read on this forum. That Honda had contracted with Lifan to build the Honda engines. So the Lifan clone is damn near a Honda.

Now I may be mistaken & I would appreciate it if someone who knew for certain whether this information is accurate or not, would set the record straight.

I would also like to know what differences there are between the clone & the Honda.

I just got one of these engines today

I just got one of these engines today and I need help on mounting the throttle cable to the carb how did you guys do it thanks.

PS does your engine stick out more on one side than the other

Heres one of the easiest ways to hook up the throttle...

And yes.....It will stick out way more on the right side than a smaller engine. You can center it up and jackshaft it...

Kippity Kai Yo Kiyaaa!!! Not sure why but I took that coupon and picked up a trio of engines, I think that I will call them Moe, Larry, and Curley. My blood-stump hands had all they could handle just getting my cash out due to the recent crash of E-Rex, Thanks JM, the printed coupon worked great.

Heres one of the easiest ways to hook up the throttle...

And yes.....It will stick out way more on the right side than a smaller engine. You can center it up and jackshaft it...
Hey, that looks like one of my Champion engines, I can tell from the spring. Where did you get that pic? :confused:

Anyway, the HF engines don't come with the cable fittings or gas gauge, the oil censor and kill switch is on the outside :eek:ut: and you have to loosen up the throttle arm.

How do I know? I bought what they had, including the unscratched display model. :thefinger: I figure they will probably go up or dry up so a few socked away can't hurt. :thumbsup:

Hey, that looks like one of my Champion engines, I can tell from the spring. Where did you get that pic? :confused:

Anyway, the HF engines don't come with the cable fittings or gas gauge, the oil censor and kill switch is on the outside :eek:ut: and you have to loosen up the throttle arm.

How do I know? I bought what they had, including the unscratched display model. :thefinger: I figure they will probably go up or dry up so a few socked away can't hurt. :thumbsup:
My buddy up the street said that his generator had a yellow champion engine that looked just like my new blue ones, huh, go figure

imo lifan is just as good as honda's if not better ive got a lifan gy6 and ive pushed it pretty far it runs 9000 rpms for miles at a time. the real honda gy6's from the 80's cant run to high over 6

Offy22

If you get on the Harbor Freight web site you can access this and a bunch of other coupons directly and print tem easily.

I just picked up the HF 6.5 engine. Forgive me, Im not a big search guy but... Where would I look on this site for info about about fitting the 6.5 up?

Thanks!

thank you again

Looks like ya'll get another chance. :clap:

Just print it out & run on down to your local Harbor Freight.

If it was not for your post I would never have bought a motor upgrade but I think I am going to buy a spare for a frame that I am going to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.