Harbor Freight 6.5HP Clones on SALE again. Get your COUPON here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading the "in ca. only" part of the coupon.
You best slow down & read the rest of the coupon.

There is a California model of this engine that has passed some form of EPA type testing I assume.

Doesn't mean a thing if you don't live in CA.

I'm surprised at how many people have had so much problem with this concept of printing out a coupon & using it. :doah: Come on guys, don't make it any harder than it really is. :thumbsup:

How did you get the small screw which the throttle cable threads to which pinches it in place to stay? Theres a small c-clip on the bottom of it but theres literally 0 room to get your hands under the throttle arm and put the c-clip on. Also, it's hard to tell from the picture how you attached the thicker part of the cable just to the left. Looks like its just squished down by a flat piece of metal and a phillips screw.

Thanks

Heres one of the easiest ways to hook up the throttle...

And yes.....It will stick out way more on the right side than a smaller engine. You can center it up and jackshaft it...

CRap O la I missed out on the 2nd motor

Just received my weekly Harbor Freight sale-email.

The clones are on sale at $99 with coupon.

Sale price only good from 9/22 to 9/27/08 limit 5 per customer.

I just bought one about a month ago when they were on sale for $129. :censored: :mad2: The manager had to retrieve one from the back for me at the time. I told him that I had heard that these engines sometimes go on sale for $99 & then I asked him if he knew when that may happen again.

He replied that he had worked there several years & couldn't remember the engines ever selling for less than $129.

I guess he must not have a very good memory. :doah:

Here's the coupon guys... Go get 'em!!!

do you think that they will run this sale:weld: again

On them California models well... they be smog engine.. I just bought one try to mods it and everything just fail.. :thumbdown: so if you want to mobs it make sure it not a California.. I 'm out $110.00 bucks with coupon.. :doah:

Sorry,but I don't know the lingo,is this engine mini bike & go cart ready.Something about
the throttle hook up spring.Hope you understand what I'm asking.Thanks...

do you think that they will run this sale:weld: again
Nope... :no: Never again. That was it... You missed out. :lol:

You could always print the coupon out & talk to the manager on a slow day & see if they'll match it. If it looks like you are prepared to walk out empty handed otherwise, they might go for it.

Quite often they are on sale for $129 also.

I couldn't figure out if it would be worth upgrading the California emissions carb so I just purchased a 22mm Mikuni instead, probably gonna have 3 new Ca carbs on ebay soon.

About the coupon

Hello,

I live in south central PA and took a drive to my local Harbor Freight and they checked the model numbers the coupon pertained to but they said either it was a clearance item or the are not sold in PA. Can some let me know either how to get a 20% coupon or when the motor goes on sale in PA?

Thanks guys

I live in Harrisburg, Pa and I took a ride to my local Harbor Freigght with the coupon. They said that the model number the coupon pertained to was either on clearance or is not sold in Pa. Can someone let me know when they go back on sale or does someone have a coupon ? Also the motor is going for 159$ in our harbor freight,

the 66015 is the non-CA one and is the one that they should stock. check the sticky, i just posted up a new coupon for 20% off any item. it's not valid for a couple of days though.

Last edited:
imo lifan is just as good as honda's if not better ive got a lifan gy6 and ive pushed it pretty far it runs 9000 rpms for miles at a time. the real honda gy6's from the 80's cant run to high over 6
how have you proven this cause hondas can spin 8000 or more but if you do more you end up twisting the block an flxing the crank now with a clone the standards are even lower since its cheaper than the honda but it might have to do with the fact that its a GY though im just curious

how have you proven this cause hondas can spin 8000 or more but if you do more you end up twisting the block an flxing the crank now with a clone the standards are even lower since its cheaper than the honda but it might have to do with the fact that its a GY though im just curious
you have no idea who jesse is do you?

that kid was a troll and thankfully he doesn't post here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.