Harbor Freight doesnt sell Predators anymore?....

Thinking about getting one for a Ruttman frame. Which one should I get, hemi or non hemi? Also, is there anything else I should get for it while I'm there??

Oh that figures!!!!!!

The coupon says ANY 1 SINGLE ITEM.... I would argue with them. Especially my local store, Im in there so much they all know me... I would def raise a fuss!! The manage might be able to run it thru the system a different way, I've seen it.
20% off but it excludes a lot of items including Predators

Harquebus

...Which one should I get, hemi or non hemi? Also, is there anything else I should get for it while I'm there??
Well, HEMI of course. But between the two, there's no discernible difference in one or the other. I have both kinds just for the sake of having one of each. The boxes have carrying holes on each side and you can poke through one to see the pebble grain cast aluminum HEMI valve cover to be certain that's what you're getting...

Can't say there's anything else there in the stores that's very minibike-related. I did buy one of those classic tin can oilers with the thumb lever. I filled it with straight 30W motor oil and use it to oil my clutch bushing...

Thanks for the reply Harquebus, I went to the HF store in Howell MI and got a hemi. They must've had close to a dozen predator engines. I'll probly put it on my frame for show until I can get a period correct Tecumseh from my engine guy!!

Harquebus

...bought a used one and im very unhappy with it
Why didn’t you just by one online and have it delivered?
I'm with Gumpit.

So via your impatience, you bought a used one that was likely thrashed and abused by Bubba and are very unhappy with it?
That's just horrible. You need a clean slate (a brand new in the box specimen). :shrug:

They are great little motors for the price. The displacement is bigger than anything comparable from competitors and the aftermarket hop-up/customization options are insane.

this is crazy, here in plamdale and lancaster ca they dont even have predators in their system....bought a used one and im very unhappy with it
Well you're in CA... the Predators must put out tooo much smog for you guys to handle! HaHaHaHa Maybe you should try to elect someone to office who isnt a liberal idiot in that state and then you guys could have cool stuff too and not have to put government epa-approved stickers on your cold air intakes and have everything regulated soo much, that you barely get anything! You Cali people are soooo layed back that your politicians crap allll over you and you guys just love it becuase you're sooo "liberal" and lovingg. You west coast fools need to wake up...

I'm with Gumpit.

So via your impatience, you bought a used one that was likely thrashed and abused by Bubba and are very unhappy with it?
That's just horrible. You need a clean slate (a brand new in the box specimen). :shrug:

They are great little motors for the price. The displacement is bigger than anything comparable from competitors and the aftermarket hop-up/customization options are insane.
the engine required a tiny bit of cleaning, it runs perfectly now....20 bucks for the engine.....im happy now

well you're in ca... The predators must put out tooo much smog for you guys to handle! Hahahaha maybe you should try to elect someone to office who isnt a liberal idiot in that state and then you guys could have cool stuff too and not have to put government epa-approved stickers on your cold air intakes and have everything regulated soo much, that you barely get anything! You cali people are soooo layed back that your politicians crap allll over you and you guys just love it becuase you're sooo "liberal" and lovingg. You west coast fools need to wake up...
No politics on OldMiniBikes!

I can’t resist piling-on in this case. No politics here.
For the OP, my local store had 4 emission compliant, and 5 standard hemi engines. According to the part numbers on the boxes.
Hope this helps,