hard pull start on clone...

i got a HF 6.5 clone engine. pull start worked good last night but engine would backfire once in awhile. let it sit over night and now it is really hard to pull start, it doesn't want to give. sometime when i pull it will shoot back and out of my hand. can get it started sometimes but does not stay started. any ideas???? getting pretty frustrated ahh lol :weld::scooter:

well i fixed the problem.. i wraped the engine up stuck it in its box and took it back to HF and they said, whats wrong and i told them i cant pull start it. so the guy asked if i wanted a new one and i said yes, so he gave me one haha! problem solved.:smile:

i was having the same problem, it was driving me crazy. i installed a new cam, rod and piston and all of a sudden it was almost impossible to pull the cord and it would jerk back and rip out of my hand. checked timing key, flywheel, everything was good. a day later i pulled the header off and noticed that the exhaust valve was not moving when i rotated the flywheel. pulled the valve cover off and my rocker arm had turned sideways so it wasnt pushing the valve down. loosened it up, put it on right and now it works perfectly. thought this may help. ended being an easy fix once i figured it out.

Good information, it helped me out! :thumbsup::drinkup: :grind:

ianmanning26
"i was having the same problem, it was driving me crazy. i installed a new cam, rod and piston and all of a sudden it was almost impossible to pull the cord and it would jerk back and rip out of my hand. checked timing key, flywheel, everything was good. a day later i pulled the header off and noticed that the exhaust valve was not moving when i rotated the flywheel. pulled the valve cover off and my rocker arm had turned sideways so it wasnt pushing the valve down. loosened it up, put it on right and now it works perfectly. thought this may help. ended being an easy fix once i figured it out."