Harley's overpriced vapor ware Mini Bike

pomfish

Check this currently un named electric Harely mini bike.
More I study the pic it looks like a computer rendering.
Couldn't save the pic from the article so here's the link;

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauk...s-next-two-electric.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

from the article;
"The company remained cryptic about details surrounding the two prototypes, although it has previously indicated that future electric models will follow LiveWire "through 2022." The Harley-Davidson release did vaguely hint at price points of future electric models, stating that the electric portfolio will feature "a spectrum of models and price points," ranging from "a few thousand dollars" to the $29,799 LiveWire price tag, which was announced at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas earlier this month. "

A Few Thousand dollars for an electric street only hardtail mini bike???
Yeah, that's typical Harley Davidson logic.
Available in ??? months/years.
Reserve one now, operators are standing by!

Also like how they are sponsoring X-Games, that'll make the kids buy your $30k dollar electric bike. NOT

I work at a Harley dealership and the first few LiveWires (when we get them) are sold it at this point. We're only getting 8 a year for the first 2 years.

I haven't heard about these you posted, but I also don't give a single fuck about any bike that Harley makes. I'm shipping/receiving, it's a job.

Addicted 2 Minis

Hahahaha, that first one looks like a modernized Chinese Doodlebug with pit bike forks, fat tires, high rise bmx bars and some chopped up old snow skis for footrests. A Doodlebug frame some battleship grey paint, retrofit some eBay pit bike forks along with some fat tires from a Walmart bike, one of those 48V-1800W brushless motors from eBay and some high rise bmx bars, run down to the local thrift store for some old snow skis and voila!. I bet you could do one up for about a grand not including the battery of course, a good lithium battery that would get you around most of the day will cost you around $500 itself. Or you can wait until Harley starts selling them and buy the Chinese knock-off for $750.00

I74

I started a thread here in Mini bike discussion, on converting the MM E -1000 to Lithium.
Figure all said & done with getting 15% off the bike, & purchasing 2 ''on sale'' Lithium packs & chargers, & accy's. ''directly from China'', that I will have around 550 in the whole works.
It's not brushless, or a modular cased - ''wiz bang'' - high dollar lithium set up, but think it will work just fine.

'' what a racket'' with what they think there offerings are worth, regardless !
''Definitely smok'n something'' !!

What's real funny is ,, people will actually fork out the bread for them.

Think I need to come out of retirement..... ''LOL''.

fistfullabar

I would buy that grocrey getter for 200$! The design department is on painkillers!!! They have the worst marketing!!!!!Asleep at the bars...