HarleysPapa - 1972 Fox Thunderbolt MX212 - (Vintage Open)

I started the tear down and cleaned up the welds on the fenders :thumbsup: I plan on finishing the tear down tomorrow and then I'll start painting some parts at work this week :thumbsup: I need to take the frame back to Tommy's this Thursday to weld on a couple of tie down mounts on the rear of the frame and with a little luck I can get it sand blasted Friday and painted on Saturday :thumbsup:

And a shout out to [MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] for hooking me up with the cable stay I needed :thumbsup:

You might not see the in this pic but there are a few blems that I don't care about I think most of the will be hidden by primer and paint and if you can still see the tough shiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

More parts got here today, thanks to [MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] I have the cable stay I need for the brakes :thumbsup: I got the fenders painted today after work, I'll have pic's tomorrow :thumbsup: I also got the rear brake cable ordered today too, I should have every thing I need now to finish this except I think I am one snap ring bearing short :thumbsup: I think I have one somewhere in the shop but if I don't I should be able to get one from Tractor Supply :thumbsup:

I got the frame sand blasted today, I am beat from muscling it around in the booth :doah: If the weather holds out I should get it painted tomorrow :thumbsup: I had Tommy weld on some loops for tie downs, I think they look good :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Houston we have a problem

Well I was all set to get the frame painted this morning but when I was looking it over I found some real nasty stress cracks :doah: So I guess its on hold until I get a new mount and weld it in :doah:
top side front left

top side back left

bottom back left

In this pic you can see the main split front and back :doah: