Harrison Bobcat 2 Hr. Build

The initial consensus was that this was a Ruttman Judge. Just learned from Mean Dean it is actually a Harrison Bobcat {w/incorrect handlebars & seat}. When I bought it the frame had a poorly done repair which caused the rear wheel to rotate off axis, resulting in the chain falling off. Despite that, it was an excellent rider that was worthy of repair. I had the frame sandblasted and a portion of the lower frame rail replaced. I've had a few engines on this bike, but wanted something real special. Mean Dean sold me a KILLER Enzo modded clone {thanks Dean!} which arrived this morning. Two hours later, it's all ready for its maiden run. I'll put a finish on the frame soon. Wanted to test fit everything prior. Video forthcoming...

Last edited:
looks like a pretty decent bike other than the engine plate....
Thanks, there was a second plate welded on top of the original. It's solid, just not pretty. I'm going to clean it up with Bondo and have the frame sprayed instead of powder coated. It'll look nice when it's finished.

Why are the fender brackets flat? Harrison used "bent" brackets for a rounded fender. Did you flatten them to use Ruttman fenders?

Mean Dean

Looks and sounds real good Doug. Can't wait to see how hard it pulled. He does a nice job on those motors. I can see where the fender brackets were flattened.

Thanks,
Doug

Mean Dean

looks Good Doug, They are super good motors for the price. Pulls like a freight train. I might have a new engine plate for your other bike.

Dean

Chain in your first pic looks waaaaaaay loose. And without the tensioner wheel...it is too long of a stretch of chain run with any decent power.

Chain in your first pic looks waaaaaaay loose. And without the tensioner wheel...it is too long of a stretch of chain run with any decent power.
The initial issue was the lower frame rail was re-welded incorrectly, so the axle mount was off center causing the chain to get tight/loose, resulting in the chain falling off. I had that re-welded. Now it's the length from the sprocket to the clutch, and the engine plate mounting holes that need some attention. Hopefully I'll get it worked out.

Well, I just scared myself! :laugh: Been working on the Harrison Bobcat. This is one I bought local last year. It had a poorly replaced section of frame, and the engine plate was messed with. I had the frame fixed real nice, left the engine plate alone for now, had it sand-blasted, and finally got a new and different Enzo modified engine in place, and the chain and tire situation worked out. I just took it for a quick ride. First run was 44 mph {in the freezing weather it felt more like 70 mph} and it had a LOT more to go! I ran out of road. This thing is going to be a cruiser!:biggrin:

Last edited: