Harrison Wildcat finished

cfh

Got the Harrison wildcat finished. bought it as a roller off craigslist, but it really wasn't a roller. the parts were just loosely applied for good ad pictures. ha! it originally had the chain roller (not jackshaft plates.) Updated the frame to the reinforced style with the jackshaft plate. Put a 10hp tecumseh in it with a new carb and exhaust. 18" seat (had a 24" seat, it's just too long.) Comet tav30 torque converter. Had to modify the stock TAV cover to make it fit. Also made a decal for the cover. uses a jackshaft puck brake. Frame was sandblasted and power coated (tried to match the original blue, but unfortunately i choose a blue that's a bit too light in color). Made a springer front end for it. This thing is a freaking monster to ride.

harrison_done1.jpg

harrison_done2.jpg

Last edited:

cfh

I didn't even hook up the rear drum brake. The jackshaft puck brake works unbelievably well! no problem locking up the rear wheel. I was thinking about hooking up the rear drum with a brake lever on the throttle side, as kind of a back up brake. But not really sure it's worth the trouble though.

And yea the 10hp Tecumseh barely fits in the frame. That was one of reasons i changed from a 24" seat (the "two people" seat) to the 18" seat... So i had access to the spark plug. Also i just didn't like the look of the 24" seat, and frankly, didn't need the exact 6" forward. I'm not the best seat guy, but made it work and look OK.

The bike is on the edge of scary to ride though. i did a GPS speed test and no problem hitting 50 mph. Frankly it scared the crap out of me. Don't really need to go that fast. And the thing gets up to speed in a damn hurry. It kind of crosses the line from a mini bike to (i don't know what.)

Last edited: