Harrison Wildcat mods

cfh

As a comparison, here's a springer front end i have on another Harrison Wildcat. This one was done to maintain the stock profile of the front end. See the difference? I don't like it as much. Will probably go back and modify the lower front shock towers so they are longer, setting the geometry like the red bike above.

Note this bike has a 10hp Tecumseh motor, and is using the jackshaft. Gearing is a bit different, with 20 tooth at the jackshaft feeding the stock rear sprocket. Does over 50 mph.

cfh

Went back and re-did the springer front end on the blue Harrison wildcat. This sets the geometry to be more ideal. You can compare it in the two pictures and see the difference. The top tube is more level, compared to the original geometry. cfh

cfh

Next up i think i'll try mod'ing a Heathkit Boonie bike have a springer front end. The stock single goof spring on the lower fork tree is pretty useless. Also thinking of doing this mod on an MTD trail flight (the one with 6" wheels). That front end suspension is pretty useless too... And change the original 6" wheels to 10" wheels! that's a maybe... cfh