Hawg Ty/Baha minis.

Just curious, are the Hawg Tys and Baha Heat/Warrior made in China? I know the engines are. They don't seem to be to popular on this site. My misfortune I guess.:confused: I have two Bahas and three Hawgs I thought I really had something. Why aren't these very popular is it because they are really to big to be considered a mini?

joekd

I'm on my 3rd baja (one mb165, 2 warriors) and love them, very little modification and I have a trail bike that can climb any hill I point it to and is a blast to ride in the mud

this is oldminibikes.com :laugh:

They seem to be a decent platform, they are chinese made though and it turns some people off to them

Neck

Growing up is optional
I have two each of the Hawg Ty and warrior and some spares for parts. Good size bike for a big guy and I don't care if their Chinese. I like to cut them up for modifications I won't do that with my Tacos!

I was picking them up off of craigslist dirt cheap for a while and they seemed to disappear but I'm 6" and 210 lbs and that platform seems to work for me as well.

Hawg Ty/Baha minis

Great, I'm glad to hear there are other guys out there with these rigs that are as happy as I am... was beginning to feel alone.

Yep, "Old" minibikes dot com. Most of us are here for collecting and restoring foremost, and riding is secondary. At 6' 1" and 235, I ride my small bikes, and my larger bikes with no problem.

If I were real concerned about "ridability" I'd go ahead and get a full size motorcycle.

If I were real smart, I'd buy up all the local Chinese bikes, fix them up and flip them, since no one in their right mind wants to spend $800 and more on a vintage minibike in pristine condition. (Except us knuckleheads on Oldminibikes.com) Price before value.

Cliff, do you do those mods to facilitate the larger engine, or to beef up the plate/frame? Have you thought about doing a jackshaft/swing arm mount since you're about there anyway? Looks very clean what you're doing.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Bigger flathead installation is the reason that and TAV clearance. I did start a swing arm frame but when our local race track became an issue the project stalled.