Header for Coleman BT200X

Sooner79

I‘m looking for a header with a screw on muffler for my BT200X. It can’t exit under the seat due to limited clearance and the plastic fender. Can anyone recommend one that they’re happy with? Not many vendors show them mounted on a BT200X although they say that they’ll fit.

SAS289

I always wondered if the headers are worth the extra noise, especially if you are using the stock carb and will not be running high RPM. Would love to see a dyno test on this. I suspect the power increase of the header over the stock muffler would start around 4300 RPM. After that the power increases of the header would be quite dramatic.

Sooner79

I always wondered if the headers are worth the extra noise, especially if you are using the stock carb and will not be running high RPM. Would love to see a dyno test on this. I suspect the power increase of the header over the stock muffler would start around 4300 RPM. After that the power increases of the header would be quite dramatic.
Maybe not, but I‘ve always read that if you change the stock intake to the cone K&N type and re-jet to let more gas and air in, you needed to free up the ”restrictive” stock exhaust to let more air out.

SAS289

Maybe not, but I‘ve always read that if you change the stock intake to the cone K&N type and re-jet to let more gas and air in, you needed to free up the ”restrictive” stock exhaust to let more air out.
Agree. I just run different. The only non stock parts on my 200U are the angled air filter, 140 E tube, a 031" or 033" jet, and the autolite spark plug. Runs decent. And I did open up the stock muffler inlet in an attempt to match the gasket. Inlet is much larger than stock. The idea was to make the transition from the head into the small muffler pipe less restrictive.

I think the two pipes in the pictures may be the only choices you have. I haven't seen any others than those two styles.

Header wrap is always a good option. On the first one you can always find a local welding/fab shop and have them shorten the pipe a little so the muffler is inside of the frame. Old Shed I would like to help you out but a buddy of mine that owns a Harley repair shop did the welding. We used 1" handlebars that were scratched up and not going to be used. Here is a pic of the one he built for his. Made the muffler as well. Got a smoking deal on these right after the first of the year from Sam's Club. $320 out the door.

Attachments

OK, thanks. Out of curiosity, why not the second one? Too much exposed pipe?
Yeah just not a fan of that set up. You'd probably be ok with it wrapped, but I like the other as it crosses under the frame and exits. As @Lucky106 said, there may be the option of shortening it and tucking the muffler a little more also. I would still wrap it going under the frame to keep the heat transfer to a minimum.