Header thread:

JamnJM

Here is a common header (Robertson Torque tube) with a clone / Predator exhaust gasket:

:doah:

Felt pen it so you can grind it out and have less exhaust restriction at the most important location.....

I have another header ordered up and let's see yours / or other headers on here....

I am making a header. Will post a pic when it is done.
I like the agk headers- the flange is CNC milled to match both the port and pipe sides.

JamnJM

What can (or want to) you do with the stock exhaust muffler set up?

Target practice? :thumbsup:

Or cut off the flange and reuse that on a header? :drinkup:

My next header has been ordered from AGK but it is back ordered..... :sleep1:
Dude. . . Not to say your experience with AGK will be the same as mine. But I ordered a whole bunch of stuff on April 14th. Just yesterday I called for the 2164293649325th time to check the status of my header, and they once AGAIN told me it was on back order. And that it would be ANOTHER 2 :censure: weeks. Do yourself a favor and cancel that order. And go with hotrodminibike.com
The site may not look as official as AGK, but the customer service is amazing, and they wont BS you.

I ordered my header from hotrodminibike on monday, and its already almost here. Should be here friday. :thumbsup:

:2guns: AGK

Bikerscum

Dude. . . Not to say your experience with AGK will be the same as mine. But I ordered a whole bunch of stuff on April 14th. Just yesterday I called for the 2164293649325th time to check the status of my header, and they once AGAIN told me it was on back order. And that it would be ANOTHER 2 :censure: weeks. Do yourself a favor and cancel that order. And go with hotrodminibike.com
The site may not look as official as AGK, but the customer service is amazing, and they wont BS you.

I ordered my header from hotrodminibike on monday, and its already almost here. Should be here friday. :thumbsup:

+1 on hotrodminibike.com, their customer service & shipping speed is second to none. The pipe I got from them is awesome too. :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting (and hoping) that Chris ("CTJMINI") is soon to roll out his new custom Predator header/mufflers!:thumbsup:
Chris- anytime soon?:confused:
Michael

Yea, I just got a call and the AGK header (2 stage narrow framed but they have an outside vendor that makes them....) won't be back in stock until the end of next week plus the Mikuni Carb I wanted too..... :shrug: Oh well.

I'll try that hot rod mini bike and see what they have too. Thanks. (but they only have single stage headers and I want a 2 stage header.....bummer)

PS: The clones and Predator flanges are the same except the bolt holes are slightly larger on the Predator only. I'll take a photo of my gx160 18cc head and Predator with the same exhaust gasket on both to compare them.

Last edited:
Here is theader and muffler I made for my kart. I still need to weld on the flange. The muffler has some fibreglass inside it. I will see if it is too restrictive, but it certainly will do a good job of muffling!

Stage 1 i/d 22mm ~7/8"
Stage 2 i/d 25mm ~1"
Muffler i/d 22mm ~7/8" o/d 50mm ~2"

At the end of stage 1 there are some holes drilled. I heard this is meant to break up the airflow a little and muffle the sound slightly. I need to make a muffler clamp

The muffler was made from a section of 50mm o/d pipe, a section of 22mm i/d pipe with a load of holes drilled in it and a stop in the middle, and two 'end caps' made on a lathe. It is held together with tack welds for now.

Here it is-

not mine but I think it's still pretty bad ass. A few weeks ago I was sitting on my porch admiring the shape of my sisters baseball bats- so I did a google search to see if anyone did it before and what do you know? interesting pipe clamp as well. :thumbsup: