Heald Hauler

Recently bought a 3 wheel Heald hauler, it needs some work but its not too bad. Had no engine but I found a 16 horse kohler command and dropped right in. I will need to get a 40 series drive clutch and belt, and need to know what length belt I will need. It has a 7-1/2in driven, and center to center of drive and driven is 16in. The longest belt Comet makes is 47-1/2 inches long. According to the belt length chart thats for 15-3/16 center to center. Does anyone know the correct belt length for the Hauler?

Congrats "Family Dad" on finding a Heald Hauler.
I have an electric 3 wheel version as well as a 4 wheel Hauler I'm currently working on.
Take "jbrewton's" advice & give Ron Kimball a call at Power Tec.
He know's Haulers like the back of his hand.

The guy I got it from also has a Super Bronc that he is holding for me. Its just a rolling frame but its in good shape. I am going to make a list of the parts I need and give Ron a call.

hi family dad belt size for the original hauler is 7/8 x 49" part number is 203-036 . i have one and it is in a-1 shape . not sure if it was ever used .$20.00 + shipping and its yours:scooter:

That sounds about right from my calculation. Even though I am using a different engine the center and height should be about the same. I will pm you.

Hey nice find Family Dad, I picked up a Super Bronc just into Ill. by Lowell Indiana not too long ago, that sounds right on the belt 203-036 i'll check mine on my hauler, mine is a 3 wheeler but has the steering wheel...its a MK3 Hauler, I also have a SuperTryke, both have/ had 16 hp briggs opposed twins, click on View My Photos for pictures.....

Heald Hauler Ads

I know this is an old thread, but as I've got some Hauler information, this seems as good a place as any to share it
Heald-Hauler Cat.Cover.jpeg Heald Hauler Ad-1.jpeg Heald Hauler Ad-2.jpeg Heald Hauler Ad-3.jpeg Heald Hauler Ad-4.jpeg Heald-Hauler Accessories.jpeg

Last edited:
is there any way I could get these from you either by paying you to copy and send or email???? need to fix my clutch and this is a gold mine of info
Just download them from here. If you're on a PC, open the attachment, right-click the image (a box with a list of options will appear), click "Save Image As..."