Heald Super Bronc - Ron & Scott Kimball - Powertec

It is with sadness that I need to inform our community that Ron and Scott Kimball - owners of Powertec will be closing their doors within the next few weeks. I have been blessed to have known them for these last 12 years and have spent countless hours just sitting there and talking to them, after looking for an excuse to just stop by for a single part. To enter their shop was like a sanctuary for me from times gone past - where you were instantly made to feel as if you are an old friend and where a man's handshake is his word. In this day and age it doesn't get much better than that - which is what I teach my students within my profession. The ending of this adventure for the both of them does not make them happy - this has been a partnership of mutual respect between a father and son who were able to spend quality time together - day in and day out. To those of you who have had the privilege of talking to either of them and after reading the kind words and history of Ron Kimball and Heald which have graced these forums - lets wish them the very best as they move on. I can sincerely say - that to have met and spent time with them has been a gift and it is an honor to call them my friends - You will both be greatly missed !

Last edited:

Brooklyn Bob

When I spoke to Ron the first time on the phone to order some parts from him, and he told me I could pay him after I received the parts. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Nobody does that anymore. What a great man to deal with. Wish you guys the best!

When I spoke to Ron the first time on the phone to order some parts from him, and he told me I could pay him after I received the parts. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Nobody does that anymore. What a great man to deal with. Wish you guys the best!
I had an $800 order with him a year ago. I tried as hard as I could to get him to tell me what the bill was before he shipped the order. I would have sent monies immediately. Nope. He insisted I wait until I received the parts before I sent the check.

Doc

chrisr

I had an $800 order with him a year ago. I tried as hard as I could to get him to tell me what the bill was before he shipped the order. I would have sent monies immediately. Nope. He insisted I wait until I received the parts before I sent the check.

Doc
He did a similar thing for me on my first order. Ron is a stand up guy and a real pleasure to work with. I am very sorry to hear that he is getting out of the business but I am also very thankful for all he has done for me and the Super Bronc lovers on this forum.

toomanytoys

Very sad to hear this. I bought a bunch of stuff off of him. I guess this means the last source for super bronc parts is now going to be gone!

Doc
Yep, Ron always sent the parts and then waited for you to pay him after you got them .. truly unheard of from most and business in my life time.

And of course thank you Rick for stepping up and carrying the torch ...

Rick Chatten is in the process of continuing the Heald name. I am sure he will be up and running soon.

Doc
It will be a little bit. I have a lot of thinking of how I want to go about this. I plan on making and having parts made .I would like to keep it simple and not a full time job. Ron is going to update the web page as to where to go for parts other than heald parts.