Heald Super Bronc

Run the Tec motor , its got all the power you are ever going to need , and as far as the seat , Karen is the only one for the seat if you want a high quality , her price is very cheap for the seat you will get , I had her do 2 for me over the past winter and both are incredible ,

DaddyJohn

I guess this is the flip side of me buying Chinese mini bikes and putting Tecumsehs in them, lol...

I guess I find the Asian OHV engines a bit ho-hum compared to a good old USA flathead engine.
Not that they're bad (because I also put them in Chinese minis) but they're a dime a dozen, and I think many select them because they think it's the easy route.

Personally, I think I'd have a bit of a philosophical crisis if I went through with putting one in a Super Bronc.
It would be like putting a spoon of salt in your frosted flakes. Or painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa...:confused:

I guess this is the flip side of me buying Chinese mini bikes and putting Tecumsehs in them, lol...

I guess I find the Asian OHV engines a bit ho-hum compared to a good old USA flathead engine.
Not that they're bad (because I also put them in Chinese minis) but they're a dime a dozen, and I think many select them because they think it's the easy route.

Personally, I think I'd have a bit of a philosophical crisis if I went through with putting one in a Super Bronc.
It would be like putting a spoon of salt in your frosted flakes. Or painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa...:confused:
Hahaha. The consensus from this forum is to definitely keep the Tecumseh...

I guess I am not opposed. Would a 13HP be too much in the Bronc...let's say I keep the Tecumseh....I take it this forum will be very helpful in restoring a 50 year old engine that hasn't turned over since 1995? Again...it is running, just not entirely great.

Thanks for the note. I plan to ditch the original seat. The guy I bought it off is a carpenter and made me the wood bottom with the same dimensions...all I should have to do is have an upholster put a cushion on and wrap/staple the leather.

Good to know about Predator...what about with Honda? It is a VT10. The owner said the blue is the original color? I guess the kits allowed the red you reference and blue? Thanks!
Given that taillight holder and axle are red..I would guess it was red at one point. @chatten63 might know if vt10s were ever blue.

Itype2slo

If your restoration starts with a honda or predator then no rules apply. Make the bike any color you want. And yes a 13hp clone would blow the doors off a big Tecumseh and that's without any mods. It's your bike you make the call.

If your restoration starts with a honda or predator then no rules apply. Make the bike any color you want. And yes a 13hp clone would blow the doors off a big Tecumseh and that's without any mods. It's your bike you make the call.
Well as of right now I think I might try to restore the Tecumseh. I'm a beginner with all this but seeing how passionate everyone is about their Broncs I feel like I need to at least give it a shot. Would the 13hp be too much power for the frame and wheels though? I don't want to be popping wheelies each time I pull the throttle...

I run clones on everything. I have done several Super Broncs. .. even a 212cc is enough with a TAV.... I put a Duromax 18hp on the last one I did.... motors are easy... you can run whatever you want.
BUT..... that TAV/BRAKE set up will not work on the Duromax/Honda or PREDATOR... So you will have to fab up a,rear brake. I like to do band brakes but you can add a disc break set up.... but consider the brake you biggest hurdle and go from there... IT can be done.. but the rest is easy compared to that.

Bensid, I don't know what you a want to do with the Super Bronc, but 13 HP is RIDICULOUS!!! I have 2 1969 Heathkit Bonnie Bikes, a cousin of your bike. 5 HP is plenty. Even a 6.5 predator is plenty, which is on one of my bikes. I have fitted one with a torque converter, which gives me plenty of get up and go. Remember, that is a MINI BIKE. Not a motorcycle. I own a Buell XB9SX which is a very fast motorcycle. It is designed and engineered to go fast. But that was not what mini bikes are designed for. These are designed for fun. Overpowering them can be dangerous. The thrill of riding is the journey, not the destination. You cant enjoy the scenery if everything is a blur. Just some free advice from some one riding for over 51 years. Have fun, be safe. Kroozer1

I’m going to respectfully disagree with mr kroozer1....speed is good....scenery is for walking....hell mr heald put hm100s on them....heck breathing is dangerous these days..have fun and ride the dog snot out of them...

toomanytoys

My Tecumseh HM80 powered super bronc will lift the front end off the ground and still cruise at 43mph with my 250lb ass on the seat.

If you want to sell that HM100 of there let me know. I'd be interested in it. I have another VT8 that needs a motor and I refuse to put a predator on a super bronc.

Hi All, I am going to start the sanding of my frame. Does anyone have any tips on best ways to approach?

Wire brush and rust remover? I don't have any compressed air or serious tools

Bensid, I don't know what you a want to do with the Super Bronc, but 13 HP is RIDICULOUS!!! I have 2 1969 Heathkit Bonnie Bikes, a cousin of your bike. 5 HP is plenty. Even a 6.5 predator is plenty, which is on one of my bikes. I have fitted one with a torque converter, which gives me plenty of get up and go. Remember, that is a MINI BIKE. Not a motorcycle. I own a Buell XB9SX which is a very fast motorcycle. It is designed and engineered to go fast. But that was not what mini bikes are designed for. These are designed for fun. Overpowering them can be dangerous. The thrill of riding is the journey, not the destination. You cant enjoy the scenery if everything is a blur. Just some free advice from some one riding for over 51 years. Have fun, be safe. Kroozer1
Thanks for the message. At this point I have decided to keep the motor and see if I can make it look good! I understand it is blasphemous at this point to get rid of the Tecumseh...so I'll see what I can do to make this thing look fully restored..