Heald Super Bronc

Bensid, if you want to get the frame down to bare metal, try paint stripper or if you want to try something kool, try electrolysis. Actually some very good videos on you tube. Need a big plastic tub, a battery charger, some washing soda and some steel rods. Watch the video on you tube. Paint removal with electrolysis. Needs to be outdoors and away from building but works very well. Will be doing the 71 sears mini bike I picked up last year with electrolysis sometime in May. Kroozer1

Wow...that's a nice bike. I'd leave it original and ride it the way it is or restore it to all original.
Hi Tom- I am back to beginning this restoration, had it on hold for quote awhile. Do you know where I could get a Super Bronc Instruction Manual? Figured I would ask you because you were one of the first replies when I asked my initial questions. Thanks!

It looks like the Predator vs Tecumseh discussion has been beaten pretty well, but figured I'd note the 8HP 301 on my VT7. Basically, it pulls very well and pops the tire off the ground with ease. I found it to be a very good engine for this size of bike...however, if I were to do it again, I'd put a big flathead Tecumseh or Briggs in there. It's surprising just how many things get in the way of the cylinder when you are stuffing it in there.

Hi Tom- I am back to beginning this restoration, had it on hold for quote awhile. Do you know where I could get a Super Bronc Instruction Manual? Figured I would ask you because you were one of the first replies when I asked my initial questions. Thanks!
Check the media section or the Heald group on facebook. I have seen them posted some place.

cfh

I have to admit i have made this mistake too. run the rear tire on a vt10 with too much air... something was rubbing! a friend pointed out that i had the tire over inflated. ha! fixed that rub probably right fast...

delray

i was really disappointed in the duro round knooby replacement tire that came in a 21x12x8. tire was tall and narrow looking. nothing like the factory carlisle tire. couple my friends i ride with had bought the goodyear compass tire that comes in a 21x11x8. that tire is almost spot on when it comes to something looks like a factory tire for the bike and they run real nice a true compared to a old wore out factory carlise tire.

Is there any chance one of you guys might have a pic of the carb linkages for HM100? I had a '71 vt10 given to me from a friend and im new to mini's. I know enough know im missing pieces but not enough to know what. Lol

1971_MB1A

Is there any chance one of you guys might have a pic of the carb linkages for HM100? I had a '71 vt10 given to me from a friend and im new to mini's. I know enough know im missing pieces but not enough to know what. Lol
I'd probably check with markus on here about your linkage problem questions. He should be able to help you out with that.

mustangfrank

i was really disappointed in the duro round knooby replacement tire that came in a 21x12x8. tire was tall and narrow looking. nothing like the factory carlisle tire. couple my friends i ride with had bought the goodyear compass tire that comes in a 21x11x8. that tire is almost spot on when it comes to something looks like a factory tire for the bike and they run real nice a true compared to a old wore out factory carlise tire.
Since this topic got resurrected I was curious about the Duro tire looks too, had a 21x12-8 Duro knobby and the 243(?) with the paddles in the middle in my cart but I hesitated. @delray you got pictures of the Duros mounted? Pickins are gettin slim in the original factory size tires.

Delray gave you very good advice in an earlier reply- get the Goodyear Compass 21 X 11-8 tire. It is a high quality tire and they look real good just like the Super Broncs did the way they came out of the factory. We have been running that as the rear tire on our Super Bronc VT-8 for years now.
Michael