Heald Super Bronc

Never had a problem running 22’s. They are low pressure. Your not supposed to over inflate them.
Carlisle 22x12-8 would work fine on a VT-10? I see them on Amazon. Only other option is the Duro 21x12-8 off Amazon. I can't find any reasonable shipping deals on the Goodyear Compass 21x11-8 online. Asking way too much, price would almost double each tire.

delray

Carlisle 22x12-8 would work fine on a VT-10? I see them on Amazon. Only other option is the Duro 21x12-8 off Amazon. I can't find any reasonable shipping deals on the Goodyear Compass 21x11-8 online. Asking way too much, price would almost double each tire.
goodyear's are worth the money. trying to save you some money in the long run. because when you buy the 22's or the duro's your not going to like the look at all and then your going to go out and buy the goodyear's at the end of the day....:scooter:

goodyear's are worth the money. trying to save you some money in the long run. because when you buy the 22's or the duro's your not going to like the look at all and then your going to go out and buy the goodyear's at the end of the day....:scooter:
Appreciate the input and getting back. I actually did end up purchasing the Duros. I'll report back on my liking of them. Couldn't find the Goodyears anywhere locally (NV and NorCal), and didn't trust the couple sites that sold them. I'm getting my bike sandblasted and powder-coated this week. Figure I'm about a solid 1.5 months out from having it operable and how I want it to look (Been putting off the restoration). Disposable income is a player, so Duros were the call. If I dislike, I'll pop for the Goodyear Compass after a few months time. Thanks again for response.

mustangfrank

Hi Everyone- will this Pull-start fit onto my Tecumseh engine below? Electric start works but Pull start is missing when I purchased...Thank you.

View attachment 273711
View attachment 273710
Negative...Plug your engine number in at a small engine site and you'll get a part number that will work on the older HM series engine.

I like these, they are cast aluminum factory recoils and they came smooth or pebbled face so you can polish, paint or powder coat. Original on the Super Broncs and plentiful used.

16105648068734813677867984983877.jpg

Hi all- does anyone have an auxiliary Super Bronc gas tank they would be willing to sell? Really like the look and my bike did not come with one. Thanks.

mustangfrank

My late 70s/early 80s VT-8 has the minibike common snap ring 5/8" x 1-3/8" wheel bearings, didn't think they used any other size.

You really should invest in a dial caliper, I have never used one as often as I have on minibikes. Even a cheap plastic one is handy for checking tube and bearing sizes, though I don't use that for engine measurements.

16109949271792872297018377750666.jpg

Thanks @mustangfrank for bearing confirmation. Went to a dealer here in Reno and bought 4. Dropped off with the guy powder coating the frame and tomorrow he is doing the wheels. Figured I sent a picture of the progress. I went with "Rancher" red. Farmall red wasn't available from the site that I ordered powder coat from. Figured this would be a close look.

Attachments

Thanks @mustangfrank for bearing confirmation. Went to a dealer here in Reno and bought 4. Dropped off with the guy powder coating the frame and tomorrow he is doing the wheels. Figured I sent a picture of the progress. I went with "Rancher" red. Farmall red wasn't available from the site that I ordered powder coat from. Figured this would be a close look.
Wheels and Engine will be a kind of gloss white.

mustangfrank

I bought a digital caliper and now the old dial job just sits there gathering dust. It's so nice to be able to switch between mm and inches, decimal and fractional at the push of a button.
I don't blame you one bit...for me it came down to I didn't want to spend what I would have on a good digital for the dirty junk I'm using it on plus my mind is mush after taking my toolbelt off years ago, figured I'd force myself to do my math...at least until I see a good sale.

Thanks- yes I have to say I am. I wasn't a Bronc purist when I bought this thing, back when I was thinking about putting a honda on it. Obviously trying to restore as much as I can now that I understand the history of the company/bike a little more. The Knobbies no doubt look cleaner- but as long as these Duros can climb a mountain I think I'll be inclined to keep them.