Heald Super Tryke: Need Parts

I’m rebuilding an old (engine’s a 79) Heald super Tryke and need parts: Clutch and Driven Pulleys with Belt, Brake System, Throttle Twist Grip and cable (The old one is 101 in. long). I don’t have ability to inc. pics yet. Hopefully later. Any help will be appreciated!

Hi Cuda, My cable is kinked. I’ve seen several 1in. Twist grips with cables but they are either to short or of unknown length. More concerned about finding brake parts. Has an open diff with twin 8in. discs and a Kelsey Hayes master cylinder. Any ideas? Thanks

Thanks Mark, I have all the original stuff but the calipers and brackets are beyond reuse and I’d like a new Master Cyl. Too.
I was in the Belt Palace website and got confused. (I’m a total “Newbie” with all this computer/internet stuff)
I’m not real concerned about keeping it original and have some fab capabilities so am open to creative solutions.
Any Ideas?

You're better off giving BP a call, none of the Heald stuff (other than some belts for the Hauler) is listed on their website. I you can fab up some brackets using some later model four wheeler calipers would probably be a better option, the OEM brakes were marginal at best.

You're better off giving BP a call, none of the Heald stuff (other than some belts for the Hauler) is listed on their website. I you can fab up some brackets using some later model four wheeler calipers would probably be a better option, the OEM brakes were marginal at best.
Thanks, I’ve already started down that path. Just purchased all the “controls” on the left handle bar off a Polaris 6x6 giving me not only the brake lever and cyl. but also a bunch of cool switches to play with. The calipers were too big and had a pretty complicated mounting bracket. Could still use some ideas in that dept.

Last edited: