Heald Trike

capguncowboy

I told people at Windber that my little brother and brother-in-law weren't mini bike guys, but that I'd convert them. Apparently, they're into trikes though! My little brother picked up a Trisport from Brown Boonie before we left Windber and my brother-in-law was searching for one.

I found this on Craigslist late last night and he picked it up today. He even drove 7 hours round trip to get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7u0pa2ZX8g

Last edited:

capguncowboy

The engine isn't original, but it's the right model at least. Lights work, electric start. It's a beast! It needs an adjustment on the driven unit (it's on backwards) so the belt lines up correctly, but that's easy. The brakes need to be tightened up a little too, but all-in-all, it was a nice find

wjustice

Be careful before you reverse that driven. Unless it's a 30 series many older models had the spring inboard on the driven.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

T It needs an adjustment on the driven unit (it's on backwards) so the belt lines up correctly, but that's easy.
Be careful before you reverse that driven. Unless it's a 30 series many older models had the spring inboard on the driven.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That sure looks like a 40 series Comet, if that's the case the driven is on correct, just out of alignment. You can get all the brake parts from Powertec.

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
Great score! You guys better get a bigger trailer if you are bringing them to windber. Glad you are enjoying the one you got from me. Heard the women are liking it also. And now it is in the blood, your diseased. No cure!

I can not tell from the pictures how far off your alignment is . Something to consider is that you say you do not have the original motor . There was multiple engine combinations offered on the Trykes . It could be you have the wrong engine mounting plate . You might talk to Ron about this . I had to buy one from him to put a 16 hp Briggs opposed on mine . He also had the belt I needed and the build diagrams . As Mark G said he also has the brake parts . These Super Trykes are a blast to ride . The 2 seat option is alot easier on us older guys .

capguncowboy

I can not tell from the pictures how far off your alignment is . Something to consider is that you say you do not have the original motor . There was multiple engine combinations offered on the Trykes . It could be you have the wrong engine mounting plate . You might talk to Ron about this . I had to buy one from him to put a 16 hp Briggs opposed on mine . He also had the belt I needed and the build diagrams . As Mark G said he also has the brake parts . These Super Trykes are a blast to ride . The 2 seat option is alot easier on us older guys .
I actually thought the single seater was really comfy, and I didn't feel like I would fall out of it if I turned it hard.

My brother-in-law hasn't done anything with it since picking it up. We're looking for somewhere to ride. It's not like a mini bike, where you can just find anywhere to ride. These things are too big to take just anywhere.

I actually thought the single seater was really comfy, and I didn't feel like I would fall out of it if I turned it hard.

My brother-in-law hasn't done anything with it since picking it up. We're looking for somewhere to ride. It's not like a mini bike, where you can just find anywhere to ride. These things are too big to take just anywhere.
You might need to plan another trip to pa then. There is a town that has tons of abandoned roads to ride. The name of the town is centralia pa
There is some guys in pa on fb that are trying to organize something there. Check it out on YouTube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=I7OLXhRJrWM

its an in -board mounted clutch, He should have a f/r tranny! Keepin what gumpit commented. Driven clutch has opposite wind! take that to the bank/homework