Heathkit 2 speed Transmission sprocket Problem

Finally getting back to my Boonie Bike project. My current challenge is that the inner sleave on the 14 tooth sprocket on the boonie bike (low speed) transmission section is worn out on one side. I don't know if I can find a replacement (comet) part for this. I have the transmission repair kit from Heathkit, except this spocket is not included. If not, I was wondering how difficult it would be to remove and re-insert a bronze or brass sleave inside the sprocket. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Or if you can tell me where I might be able to purchase this part, that would be great.

so just the bushing is worn out? it should just punch out without a problem. just use a socket thats the right size. it shouldnt be difficult to find a new one

Neck

Growing up is optional
Check with McMaster Carr, they will sell you a sprocket bored to the size you need. Or see if you can go to The Martin Co. direct.

I realize that it would not be that hard to remove the bushing and replace it, but the real question is where do I get a brass or bronze bushing for the sprocket? What material, what size in OD? thanks again

What bushing material?

I took a look at the McMaster Carr web site and they have a great deal of bushings to choose from. Does anyone have an opinion if I should use an oil lite or bronze or brass bushing insert for the sprocket bushing within the two speed transmission on the Heathkit boonie bike? Thanks again.