Heathkit Boonie

jeep4me

Got a tip from a member here on OldMiniBikes, last weekend at the Ann Arbor swap meet , about this heathkit being for sale near me.

I kept bugging him for the guys contact info and it paid off.... big time.

So a big thanks going out to Dave for the info. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
That is sharp ! I've got one in blue sitting in my workshop waiting on me to redo. It's one of the few I kept after this winters sell off.
Enjoy that beauty :thumbsup:

Look Steve .... I'm your friend, you know that. I know everyone is going to be nice and gush over your new find but in reality everyone is snickering behind your back, much like "The Emperor Who Had No Clothes", you have been snookered!
Its missing the 2-speed jackshaft & the shifter. The grips are all wrong for that bike. The frame color clashes wildly with your fence and your eyes!
There's a squiggly black mark in the front fender. And while the motor looks new its obviously a sham, its a tired old lawn and garden (likely a tiller) motor ... much like a dog with its tail on the ground the recoil rope hanging lifelessly tells a tale of a long and torrid life of toil being run hard and put away hot!
But fear not! As your friend I will help you with this heavy burden Heathkit has bestowed upon your poor unsuspecting self.
I will take it off your hands and bury it so deep in my garage that when it comes out shadows of the old Boonie will be vanquished!

Steve, I will do this for you!

Love Kevin

jeep4me

I replaced the clutch on the boonie tonight. And I also put newer/better bearings in the jackshaft stand and put a new set of chains on.

I have to say, that little 3.5hp really gets up and boogies. I might actually be able to keep up with sixpac440 on his heathkit....maybe!

I like the way you think Steve! We need to get a spring ride going ... I suck at planning but am pretty good at showing up and participating.
I know BeeKeeper will go, his friend Gene might ... its always good to See the Steves together. I've only met Ryan once so he should go, Mark (RCGuy) saw a pic of one of our rides and jumped in with both feet, pretty sure he will ride! Irv is a nut and a fun guy ... Paul I think lives down south but his brother is here somewhere ... Dennis might go ... and lots of others I cant think of ...

LETS RIDE!!