Heathkit Hill-Topper

I figure this might be a good one to put in here.

Recently, I have been wanting to acquire a Hill-Topper, in replacement of my Lil Indian of which I currently run an Animal motor on (to much power for the little guy).

I don't know A lot about them but would like to learn more.

Anyone have one, posting pics would be great :smile:

If anyone one could tell me some history, and what components came on them, motor, brakes, Etc.

Thanks.

I've got one:thumbsup:
I just looked and I can't find any pics of it. It is buried in the shop right now but if I get a chance I'll try to snap some pics.
Mine is about 95% original, it is only missing the small chain guard and the muffler. It came with a H50 Tecumseh with light coil, torque converter, 8" tire on the back and 6" on the front. The only brakes on mine is a 3" drum on the jackshaft. It is the same size as as my Heald VT-5, but the Heald only has`shocks on the seat, while the Heathkit has a swing arm. I'm currently restoring thr VT-5 right now and the Hilltopper is next. I really want tho be able to compare the two.
You say your wanting to get one, they are not that common. Do you have a line on one?

I've got one:thumbsup:
I just looked and I can't find any pics of it. It is buried in the shop right now but if I get a chance I'll try to snap some pics.
Mine is about 95% original, it is only missing the small chain guard and the muffler. It came with a H50 Tecumseh with light coil, torque converter, 8" tire on the back and 6" on the front. The only brakes on mine is a 3" drum on the jackshaft. It is the same size as as my Heald VT-5, but the Heald only has`shocks on the seat, while the Heathkit has a swing arm. I'm currently restoring thr VT-5 right now and the Hilltopper is next. I really want tho be able to compare the two.
You say your wanting to get one, they are not that common. Do you have a line on one?
You seam to have a lot of nice original bikes... Are you getting that guys Arctic Cat? Boyyyyyyyy it would have a good home with you.. DAMN nice one to have too.. SSS Cat with Saxonette? :drool: WOW that's a GOOD one to have... :thumbsup:

You seam to have a lot of nice original bikes... Are you getting that guys Arctic Cat? Boyyyyyyyy it would have a good home with you.. DAMN nice one to have too.. SSS Cat with Saxonette? :drool: WOW that's a GOOD one to have... :thumbsup:
Thanks. I looked into the Arctic Cat, but it didn't work out. I do have a soft spot for (mostly) original bikes. :smile:

Here is the best pics I could get of my Hilltopper. It is ugly as shit but it does run:biggrin:
I am looking forward to restoring this one. It really looks worse than it is.
I was wrong, it has front drum brake in addition to the one on the jackshaft.

Also is a pic of my VT-5 for a size comparison (another "looks worse than it is" bike)

You'll like the Hilltopper. I've got one that I picked up last year..
It even came with regi papers. Last summer we were riding it on
the street. Not fast mind you, but we were legally on the road.

If someone could shoot me a PM. I need a current part number
for the drive belt. Mine exploded late last year.

You'll like the Hilltopper. I've got one that I picked up last year..
It even came with regi papers. Last summer we were riding it on
the street. Not fast mind you, but we were legally on the road.

If someone could shoot me a PM. I need a current part number
for the drive belt. Mine exploded late last year.
Very nice bike. If yours has the CAT99 clutch, the comet belt # is 200393A. If it has a 20 series clutch the # is 303578A. if it is a 30 series then it will be 203589A.:thumbsup: