Heathkit Hilltopper trailbike brake drum.....HELP!!

Allied Leisure has the drum and 2 1/2 inch band brake they used on the Heathkit Hilltoppers . Part numbers are 84004 for band and 85000 is the drum . I have used these on my Hilltopper and also fits the 2 speed band brake assembly on the Bird Ropers .
Phone number is 800-521-6848

Allied Leisure has the drum and 2 1/2 inch band brake they used on the Heathkit Hilltoppers . Part numbers are 84004 for band and 85000 is the drum
2 years ago I needed the Band and Drum .. Allied Leisure had the band but I couldn't find the drum.
I just looked today using the part # you provided ... I still couldn't find it. I tried several search term combinations (85000 brake drum 2-1/2") ETC.
My saving grace 2 years ago was a Michigan OldMiniBikes member who had a new 2-1/2" drum. I had done some work for him in the past at no charge and when I was in need he returned the favor.

If the drum is there can you post a link to it?

Thanks
Kevin

I couldn't easily find a replacement brake drum for the rear brake and ended up ordering this hub as a makeshift one. Is this a bad idea? Heres the link to what I ordered. https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/034169-weasler-x-series-hub.html
I agree with piglet, the piece you found will work. However I would keep an eye on it and the band for excessive wear in case its soft and wears quickly or it tears up the band.
How much you ride it will also be a determining factor.

I also have 2 Hilltoppers.
They are street legal and ridden on the street by my wife and I ... brakes that really work are important!!

On Allied Leisure web site under Minibikes I clicked on Brakes then clicked on band brakes . I found the 2 1/2 band brake and clicked on it . In the description it says to use the 84004 band with the 85000 drum . I called them and ordered it . I gave the numbers to another member and he also got the parts from them . I saw him and the Hilltopper at Torquefest in May . Maybe you should try calling them . I didn't try ordering on line from their website . Hope this helps you .