Heathkit RC car....

I know some members here are into vintage RC like me. This may have been discussed before but I do not recall it. I never knew Heathkit made RC cars in all of my years racing and collecting. Pretty pimitive but that's why I dig them so much!
heathkit.jpg

toomanytoys

Heath kit made so many things. I never seen the rc car before. My grandfather had all kinds of stuff from them. He was big into electronics in those days. I still have his complete heath kit ham radio stuff alone with his yaesu and drake radios.

I still say the hill topper is one of the best looking bikes ever made. I absolutely love the 2 I have!

I74

My Dad & I went to Heathkit in KC back in the mid 70's,, & he picked up an elaborate TV kit & bought me a Multi meter kit.
That was the first circuit board I ever soldered.
My Pop's said that meter still worked all the way up thru the late 90's.
Heathkit stuff was awesome, & just about bullet proof.
That Hill topper is cool,, & I dig that they got the Guy sitting on it in the ad, having a drink in his hand. :cool:

Also like the body styling on that R/C car.
Don't think the Futaba looking servo, servo saver,, & tie rod components,, were original on that though.
Those look like upgrades from the later 80's.

Last edited:
My Dad & I went to Heathkit in KC back in the mid 70's,, & he picked up an elaborate TV kit & bought me a Multi meter kit.
That was the first circuit board I ever soldered.
My Pop's said that meter still worked all the way up thru the late 90's.
Heathkit stuff was awesome, & just about bullet proof.
That Hill topper is cool,, & I dig that they got the Guy sitting on it in the ad, having a drink in his hand. :cool:

Also like the body styling on that R/C car.
Don't think the Futaba looking servo, servo saver,, & tie rod components,, were original on that though.
Those look like upgrades from the later 80's.
You are correct on the servo. Heathkit supplied their own electronics from what I can gather. The body is a Ford GT40...

I74

You are correct on the servo. Heathkit supplied their own electronics from what I can gather. The body is a Ford GT40...
Yea,, their servo looked nothing like that, & they were a whole lot bigger,, from what I remember.....
I was ''also'' think'n kind of GT40'ish on the body.