heathkit

MB165

Heathkit is starting up again, We just recieved their Explorer Jr TRF Am radio kit.
Its all packed in order with a nice assembly book.
Hopefully they will offer a minibike again someday...

Last edited:

toomanytoys

Really neat!

Before they started selling again their website had a survey of what types of kits you'd like to see for sale again. I filled one out and put mini bike in the other catergory

The original heathkit mini bike division was sold to Carl Heald in 1970 for $1 . I don't know if they could do the minibikes again under heathkit name on them .

you would have to check the contract see if there is a perpetuity and if they are valid in the state. perpetuity in NC is illegal under state constitution

i would think that mr heald would have to try to enforce whatever possible contract there was to stop them if they wanted to try. i would hope that at this point it would be left to whomever was willing to continue the hobby...

MB165

The return address is in santa cruz, Ca. it Looks like its imported and American made, tool kit is china, only other thing thats marked is the tuning cap, from usa. overall, the quality looks very good.

The return address is in santa cruz, Ca. it Looks like its imported and American made, tool kit is china, only other thing thats marked is the tuning cap, from usa. overall, the quality looks very good.
Cool...looks just like the old instruction books and parts envelopes with the graphics and stuff. It's neat that they have an appreciation for nostalgia.