Hello all! New to the site

Hey guys, new to the forum here. Lots of good info from what I have seen this far.

I have a couple projects going on at the moment. My main project is a 71' Rupp RoadsterII that I am restoring. My neighbor had one when I was younger and I loved it ever since. I am in the process of getting the motor rebuilt and the frame powdercoated. Thanks to Brandt at Rupp Parts I have been able to get a hold of a lot of new goodies for it. I will post pics once I get everything back from the shop.

I picked up a free Golden Pinto from someone in the neighbor hood late last year. I tore it down and did my first attempt at spray bombing it. I am going to re-do it taking my time this go round. I have an older 5hp Briggs that I need to get running as well. I want to learn on this motor so I will probably be taking this thing apart somewhat soon. I also got this seat made by Kenny last year and he did a great job!

Welcome. That's a good, simple engine to begin with. You'll find an answer to any question you have about that on here. Good luck :thumbsup:

Nice Pinto, looks fine rider as is. The briggs may just need a tune up, check for spark and clean the carb,,,, if it don't smoke, it ain't broke!

Brrr is right! I had my Z28 out on Sunday and now it's snowing!!

I put fresh oil and a plug in the briggs and I couldn't get anything to fire. I don't believe I am getting spark. What is the easiest way to clean out the carb without taking it completely apart? Or do I have to?

tomsprops

Hello Welcome ! I just set-up a Rupp R2 for the race series Im in out here in the SFV ! I really like those . We don't see to many of them in SOCAL ,Brandt was a great help . Good luck !