Hello from Eastern USA!

Flatbar

Hello,

My name is Flatbar and I am relatively new to both this forum and minibikes. I have a part time job in a small metal fabrication shop, and do both metal and wood work in my free time. I live in eastern USA, and, unfortunately am not legally allowed to ride anything has-powered on the streets unless both the vehicle and I are licensed. As of now I posses one ground-up build which I am currently almost finished with. And If you happen to reply to this post, please tell me some of the commonly used tems, abbreviations, and acronyms used on this forum. Thank you.

Sounds like you will enjoy the builds here, and as a fabricator you may have some cool things to share. Some very skilled folks post on this forum, the range of topics is amazing, you can learn a lot and gain inspiration as well.

Welcome aboard!

CarPlayLB

welcome! we love fabrication pics...show off your stuff

And here are the acronyms! You will find that Buckeye is a VIP here, while I am an SOB who thinks I am a BFD, but in actuality just a POS!:thumbsup:

Park the bike on the ceiling next time you take pics....

no actually if they're phone pics maybe try rotating the phone 180* next time ....there might be some kind of orieintation code that gets written into the picture file ...whatever that means. I still use a Polaroid.

looks like a fun project kid...that gear ratio looks really close does it scoot pretty good? do you have to push off with your feet to get it rolling? what is that motor from?

looks like a fun project kid...that gear ratio looks really close does it scoot pretty good? do you have to push off with your feet to get it rolling? what is that motor from?
I have changed the gearing since these pictures. Now 47 teeth on the rear. Previously, I would get a ton of speed, but not any torque. After, I still get some speed, but much better torque. :scooter: