hello from snohomish, wa

hello,
new here, just got into minibikes.
i thought id do a build thread because this thing rips and i thought id share and ask for some pointers
me and my 5 year old love this bike, i figured with the amount of time and money ive invested thus far, i might as well go all in and build it up right.
got it on offerup, original 49cc motor was toast could not get running the day i bought it, snagged the whole thing for $100
the next day spent some time and had a couple beers trying to get the motor going with no luck.
the engine was sitting for 15 min after a lil pb blaster bath i did, so i went inside to make a sandwich and do a little research on the bike. thats when my mind exploded at the predator 212 swap.
drove to harbor freight after that very sandwich and got a non hemi 212 that same day.
sadly, i did not take any pictures of the bike until i got to this point. i was excited to build and didnt realize i was gonna build something picture worthy tbh.
a bunch of new parts, some head scratching, a couple curse words about the governor removal, a few cases of beer, and here we have this lil ripper:

IMG_2715.jpg
IMG_2714.jpg
IMG_2718.jpg

rode it that way ^ for about 800 miles, then it started to get rainy and wet and the minibike just sat staring at me asking for more.
engine is out
frame stripped of everything
new paint and forks
new engine goodies
IMG_2730.jpg

waiting on a few more things-
new tires
suspension fork/handlebars
mikuni vm22 +jets

forks came in, still waiting for tires, handlebars, and mikuni vm22. frame is only primered, 4 weeks out on powdercoat so this’ll do for now.
debating if i should get a torque converter or just leave the clutch as is

F96E4FDD-FC84-4954-A03F-8EF29000913E.jpeg

haha thanks guys. i work as a saw filer at a lumber mill, that cedar slab whale is becoming a play table for my son!
bike is coming along nicely, just waiting on some more small parts and it should ride again soon until the new carb and tires come.
really is a fun little project.
ill probably take the bike apart again fairly soon, during powdercoat ill get the torque converter and new sprocket installed, rejet the new mikuni, mount the new tires, and possibly get a new custom repurposed gas tank figured out.
been reading alot here, tons of good info.
thanks for the warm welcome!

6B0F24CF-2BDA-4DF5-934E-B82063F83592.jpeg B13D0724-E9F6-4DFF-9DEC-745B79729578.jpeg

back on the road!
got the handlebars on, needed more rise. luckily i had these old risers laying around. still hit my knees on the tight corners so im looking for taller bars.
lights are not wired up yet, pondering switch mounting spot.
the whole thing vibrates more than my ex girlfriends night stand so im thinking about rubber spacers instead of steel for the riser to handelbar clamp.
tires come sunday, needs some fenders then im done!
if anyone is in the seattle area id love to meetup and cruise!

welp, mini bike madness is very real.
traded a 6 year old e bike for this coleman today.
has a stock predator 212
gear ratio needs alot of work, it feels about half the speed of the other one.
came with the original motor, front rack, some bolt on extras (air filter, 14t clutch, straight pipe, 70t sprocket), and alot of mud.
cleaned it up and its solid! was shocked at the size difference, its alot bigger than the doodlebug.
will take a pic of them together in the morning.

CBAA0014-9217-4E81-9AAD-109A46193E8C.jpeg 5AE65A7B-89AE-4F78-811F-87D93C09488E.jpeg 702F18CF-8F75-481C-B31B-9B4A601B214F.jpeg

I can't remember the name but the guy is a member on here. Also I think the old OldMiniBikes carried his brakes. Someone on here will pipe in I'm sure.

toomanytoys

I can't remember the name but the guy is a member on here. Also I think the old OldMiniBikes carried his brakes. Someone on here will pipe in I'm sure.
I'd like to see this. I think I might have read your post wrong. You were referencing his top build not the ct200c he posted below.

I have a megamoto 212 rim, disc and caliper setup sitting here to try to.

There is no disc mount on the factory rim and no caliper mount. It's a factory drum brake on all the CT and BT models.

This one was for the older ones that came with a cable operated disc brake. Sorry to mislead you. It bolted right on to those bikes. He also made a jackshaft bolt on for those same bikes. I'll see if I can find the thread.