Help 212 carb issue

Hey! I had a perfectly running 212 on my db30. Well I upgraded my carb today to the bored carb from OldMiniBikes and it wouldn't start until I held the throttle open...once it starts it won't stay running. If i give it gas it dies...I've tried messing with the choke in all positions...no joy.

I have aerolite racing plug
Cold air intake
Rlv header
Other than that engine is pretty box stock

Any suggestions?

Attachments

If that is a chinesse carb, better take it apart and make sure there is no dirt in there. I had one that was full of dust of something. :chinese:Might of had a dirty shop when they put it together.

If that is a chinesse carb, better take it apart and make sure there is no dirt in there. I had one that was full of dust of something. :chinese:Might of had a dirty shop when they put it together.
It could be a Chinese one. It came from OldMiniBikes and I figured it would be good to go...and yes the spark plug is brand new but it ran beautifully with previous carb.

Hey! I had a perfectly running 212 on my db30. Well I upgraded my carb today to the bored carb from OldMiniBikes and it wouldn't start until I held the throttle open...once it starts it won't stay running. If i give it gas it dies...I've tried messing with the choke in all positions...no joy.

I have aerolite racing plug
Cold air intake
Rlv header
Other than that engine is pretty box stock

Any suggestions?

What's the extra spring on the throttle setup? Is that holding it closed?

The extra spring is to close the throttle. For some reason the stock spring didn't seem to close it when I let go of the throttle and the bike took off and nearly killed me lol. It almost snaps it shut which to me is much higher safer.

The extra spring is to close the throttle. For some reason the stock spring didn't seem to close it when I let go of the throttle and the bike took off and nearly killed me lol. It almost snaps it shut which to me is much higher safer.
Oh ok i see, just was a thought that the spring may have been part of the problem. Did you loosen the lock nut good enough where it holds good but still is loose enough to allow movement?