help!! clone won't spin freely

I recently built a clone with all the goodies , cam, springs,arc rod,flat top piston, anyway I ran the motor for like 20mins then I notice it was leaking
oil out the side cover gasket. I removed motor from the bike and broke the engine down , I wanted to check torque on rod & switch cam & springs. I change the cam, checked the torque on the rod then put 26# spings in. everything went normal until I tighten side cover, then motor won't spin freely, I loosen it & it spins, tighten cover & motor locks tight. I don't know what to do. HELP

I bet you have zero end shaft play.

From a four year old post here:

"Typical endplay for this size of engine is .002 - .020”, so .017” is within the acceptable tolerance."

If it was a flat head, I'd go for thicker side cover gaskets until I achieved the correct end play. You might as well get another bearing/seal while you're at it.

I put in a new gasket & it spins alittle , did my bearings in then block or case cover move ? i've taken then whole motor apart now. I put just then crank in then block & put case cover on & it still hard to turn, how do I loosen crank?

As minibiken said thicker side cover gasket , or try two gaskets . You can get gasket material from pep boys that is pretty thick , try that . As far as putting it back like it was , something apparently happened to it during that 20 min run .

thanks for them fix fellas ,really thanks . I'm one of those guy who won't be albee to sleep until I figure out what happen , did bearings move or what ? was clearance so tight that side cover gasket was problem when it ran great before mods ?