Help Diagnosing engine shut off issue.

Hey guys,
I need some help figuring out this problem on my preadator 212 that’s been causing me problems for a few months now. I installed the stage 1 kit (header, bigger jets, intake) onto it and it runs great low end. However if I rev it out, it feels like it’s falling over up top. Not just that, but if I hold it WOT the engine stutters and eventually shuts off, I can get it to start back up by wiggling the throttle a bit. Any ideas? I just installed a new coil thinking that may have been the culprit but no success.

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem to me? The "Wiggling" the throttle is possibly coincidental until the carb bowl fills with fuel again?
I’m for sure narrowing it down to fuel. I’m just wondering what could be the cause. Could the stage 1 kit really cause the stock gas cap to not vent enough? Or would it just be fuel lines. Carb is brand new so i’m positive it’s nothing in there.

I’m for sure narrowing it down to fuel. I’m just wondering what could be the cause. Could the stage 1 kit really cause the stock gas cap to not vent enough? Or would it just be fuel lines. Carb is brand new so i’m positive it’s nothing in there.
Check the float level when the problem arises. Check for positive flow on the fuel line to the carb.

Check the float level when the problem arises. Check for positive flow on the fuel line to the carb.
The lines are definitely flowing. I’ll check the float level for sure. Someone had mentioned the float being set too low but i’m pretty positive the 212 doesn’t have an adjustable float.

The lines are definitely flowing. I’ll check the float level for sure. Someone had mentioned the float being set too low but i’m pretty positive the 212 doesn’t have an adjustable float.
If it has a float needle in a seat you should be able to bend the tang on the float to adjust.

If it has a needle in a seat you should be able to bend the tang on the float to adjust.
I’ll check it out tomorrow and see how it’s sitting. I have a second carb so if for whatever reason that float is shot I can swap it out in 5 minutes. I’ll keep you updated

I’ll check it out tomorrow and see how it’s sitting. I have a second carb so if for whatever reason that float is shot I can swap it out in 5 minutes. I’ll keep you updated
If the bowl fuel level is low,Bend the tang so the float shuts the fuel off at a higher level in the bowl.{rises higher}

I had a road bike leave me on the side of the road once because a cheap plastic barb/filter on the fuel line melted and restricted fuel delivery.
This thing has left me on the side of the road too. Also do you have any ideas on why it feels like it’s topping over as it revs out. I feel like it has more in it but maybe i’m just doing as much as the valves can handle.

Basically your ready for the slide style carburetor. .. Your stage 1 has it running faster than the stock fuel system can deliver... Mukini motorcycle carb...
I thought about that but the stage 1 really shouldn’t be pulling enough fuel that the stock carb can’t handle it. It’s only got an intake and header. Now if i were to do cams and valve springs then I would for sure think the mikuni is necessary