Help! Doodlebug + Predator = Not Happening

Hi, it's been a while since I browsed the forum. A few years back I bought a DB30 (new style) with the intention of upgrading the motor. Never got around to it until now and I think I missed something along the way.

I have a non-hemi 212cc Predator and I purchased a PMR stage 2 kit from HotRodMiniBike.com. Bottom line is that the engine does not fit. The cap on the rear with the letters OHV hits the bar before the fender and if I move it forward the front of the engine sits on the bar the the mounting plate is welded to. This lifts the engine off the PMR plate. On top of everything the gas tank just about touches the top of the frame so it's not like I can add another plate to raise the engine.

I don't get it. I see so many examples of what I'm trying to do and when I ordered the kit I specifically stated that it was for a non-hemi engine and new style Doodlebug.

What should I do? I'm no mechanic but I'm good at following directions

Very simple , Stand frame upright ( fork neck up ) lay a 2x4 across the rear fender mount and beat it with a sledge hammer in smooth swift blows till you gain the desired clearance , very easy fix and will cause no harm , you'll have to play with remounting the fender but that's easy too !

Hi, it's been a while since I browsed the forum. A few years back I bought a DB30 (new style) with the intention of upgrading the motor. Never got around to it until now and I think I missed something along the way.

I have a non-hemi 212cc Predator and I purchased a PMR stage 2 kit from HotRodMiniBike.com. Bottom line is that the engine does not fit. The cap on the rear with the letters OHV hits the bar before the fender and if I move it forward the front of the engine sits on the bar the the mounting plate is welded to. This lifts the engine off the PMR plate. On top of everything the gas tank just about touches the top of the frame so it's not like I can add another plate to raise the engine.

I don't get it. I see so many examples of what I'm trying to do and when I ordered the kit I specifically stated that it was for a non-hemi engine and new style Doodlebug.

What should I do? I'm no mechanic but I'm good at following directions
Here is the finished product as you see we turned the fender around and remounted it ! And we used no engine plate to mount it as they take up too much space !

nice i was having the same problem. do have a picture from the other side? in order to get it in there and clutch/sprocket lines up, its basically hanging out of the frame

Here is the finished product as you see we turned the fender around and remounted it ! And we used no engine plate to mount it as they take up too much space !

Yup, A body, B body? When the image is the size if a pencil eraser, who can tell?
I had a conversation with the site owner on the subject of web content degradation as a result of using smart phones to access them. There is some argument against my premise, but I suspect it has more to do with the Emperor's New Clothes, (technology and ease of access) than with reality.

Hent attributes much of this to laziness, which I will concede up to a point. There is a dividing line between web content and social media/networking however. This software, and smart phones in general are designed with social networking in mind, not with the sharing of technical data.

Those who access this site with smart phones much work much harder to glean the same information those of us with PC's take for granted. Font and photo size are only two of those aspects. Yet the conversation among smart phone proponents will be diminished to a discussion on "old people" not embracing technology. Twenty years ago, I was air soldering surface mount components on to printed circuit boards with a microscope for the US Government. Tech doesn't bother me. I'm just not that interested in social networking, or paying $45 so the rest of the world can have me on speed dial, while the FBI turns my phone off and on.

I had a conversation with the site owner on the subject of web content degradation as a result of using smart phones to access them. There is some argument against my premise, but I suspect it has more to do with the Emperor's New Clothes, (technology and ease of access) than with reality.

Hent attributes much of this to laziness, which I will concede up to a point. There is a dividing line between web content and social media/networking however. This software, and smart phones in general are designed with social networking in mind, not with the sharing of technical data.

Those who access this site with smart phones much work much harder to glean the same information those of us with PC's take for granted. Font and photo size are only two of those aspects. Yet the conversation among smart phone proponents will be diminished to a discussion on "old people" not embracing technology. Twenty years ago, I was air soldering surface mount components on to printed circuit boards with a microscope for the US Government. Tech doesn't bother me. I'm just not that interested in social networking, or paying $45 so the rest of the world can have me on speed dial, while the FBI turns my phone off and on.
My overuse of the iPhone started in the workshops a few years back. We would hit a water hazard on a project or repair job and search, each on their own phone, for options and solutions. It’s use just got more comfortable. I found myself getting the new tablet out only to look at build-off pictures.
For me, the world through the screen of an iPhone can often be like looking through a pin-hole camera. Kinda small, fuzzy, and upside down.