Help Figuring out what I have

capguncowboy

It's a Cat, but those wheels were used on a few different cat bikes. I'm sure someone else will chime in. Endura or Wildcat. That being said, you listed it in the classifieds. Are you selling it?

I appreciate the feedback, found this on Craigslist and I'm getting ready to build it with my son.

I can't find any original parts for the bike, but will keep looking

I'm new to the forums and don't have a feel for what or how I'm supposed to post just yet, I just found this in a garage and will be getting it back on the road

capguncowboy

I love it, I love it...I need an engine, fuel tank and fenders!!!
There was a tank on Ebay about a month ago. Hang on to your seat -- I think they wanted $150 for it.

hpe muskin cat mini bike fuel tank

There is a kickstand on ebay right now for $65

Vintage Cat Wildcat Mini Bike Kickstand OEM | eBay

The engine is an HS40, probably around 1973 model. They're easy enough to find, but one in good running condition normally commands a good chunk of change.

Peg covers are nearly impossible to find. They're 3/4" x 3.25" and made by Hunt Wilde. Your front fender is there, and half of the rear. I don't see those pop up ever that I recall, but I've never searched for them.

The grips can be found. They're made by Gran Turismo, and cross is the model. They look like normal grips, but they're really soft and have a rib inside the waffles that sets them apart from other grips.

New Gran Turismo Moto Cross Style Grips 22 24mm 7 8" Bars B259 | eBay

There are a lot of helpful CAT guys here that will answer your questions. Best of luck in finding your parts. They don't come cheap

Last edited:
I love it, I love it...I need an engine, fuel tank and fenders!!!
They came with Tecumseh H35's which IMO is a good engine. But anything will fit. Fuel tanks are a bit hard to find, but they're out there and were used on several models.

Best bet it to put an add in the Parts Wanted section here. I restored one of these a couple of years ago, and gave it to the grandkids. They enjoy riding it.

Link to ad

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/g...382-muskin-wildcat-post509284.html#post509284

Last edited:

capguncowboy

I appreciate the feedback, I'm going to put it together and use it for a long time
The last thing I forgot to mention is the clutch cover. They used the long cover on these bikes and they're almost impossible to find. When you do find them, they normally got for a sickening amount. I'd suggest finding a fiberglass replica cover. Mac gets them pretty regularly and sells them for around $25 shipped. Maybe send him a private message and see if he still has any

I appreciate the feedback, I'm going to put it together and use it for a long time
IMO, they are under-appreciated amongst we enthusiasts. In addition to the engine, tank, and hardware, probably the most difficult item will be Cat long chain guard. On this bike, they were black, not chromed. They're around $180 IF you can find them. And you can't. There are fiberglass repops available from Mac in CA, but I didn't really like how it went on, and had to do a lot of work, just to mount it.

If you're not a purist, go ahead and get that Predator 212 for it and get it up and running, while trying to find the original stuff. It is expensive.

LOL, stop it Capgun! We're in stereo. 'Cept you said it was as HS40. It's an H35. I do have a shorter guard, but I was going to modify it for the Grandkids Wildcat since I used that fiberglass one. (Sorry, it sucks)