Help from old helmet collectors

myjunk

I have a hunch that if you are like me you also have a couple of old vintage helmets displayed around your shop (or maybe house). I just picked up this Vintage Polaris snowmobile helmet and wonder if anyone else has one like it. The logo is throwing me off a bit. I l also have a picture of the ones in my shop. Anyone else do this?

Attachments

I have a bunch of old helmets and a few that are in current use. Not a collection so much as I have different helmets for different types of riding (minis, racing, street bikes, dirt bikes, etc.) and I just cannot bear to throw them away when I get a new one. Among my old favorites are this pair of Bell M2 Helmets. I crashed on the red and white one during a motorcycle race at Castle Rock, Wash., in 1988. It was a total face plant. You can see a scuff on the forehead area, and a big crack at the right rear corner of the eye port. It put me into the hospital for a month with a skull fracture and traumatic brain injury and other stuff. After I recovered from those injuries I bought the multi-color helmet. It's a replica of the M2 worn by racing champion Bubba Shobert. I just love that helmet, but it's long past the best-by date.