HELP- Fuel inlet elbow HS40

Midyrman

HS40 Model 55200H. I believe this is around the early-mid 1980s.

There was no inlet elbow on the engine when I received it. Fuel line was hooked up and had a 90 degree turn into the carb. But I’m assuming there should be an elbow. I’m replacing the fuel line.

Can anyone verify whether the engine should have a 90 degree inlet connector? If so, the part number and I could purchase.

Thanhs so much.

Tom

mustangfrank

I seem to see the straight in fuel line fitting on some replacement carbs, I just looked at two snowblower engines, both have original carbs, 1976 HS50 and a 2000s HSSK50 both have 90 degree inlets, same on my early 70s mini bike engines.

Ebay-10 to 12 bucks for a replacement carb.

Addicted 2 Minis

If it has a front tank, it should have a 90 Deg. fitting. The fuel line runs through the blower housing and with a straight fitting the line would curve outwards before entering the carb. This causes the fuel line to rub the blower housing and with vibration, may cut into the fuel line over time. Rear mounted tanks don't go through the blower housing, they just go from the tank to the carb so they use straight fittings. Just because the picture on those eBay carbs shows a straight fitting, I would ask the seller what it actually has, even it it shows a 90 Deg. fitting. Those pictures are just generic pictures from their suppliers and usually don't reflect what you may actually get.