Help ID Powell

Hello,
I have been eyeing an Powell roller that was has been for sale locally for some time now. Finally decided to purchase it as you just do not see them around here too often.

Does anyone know what year and model this one is? Its pretty rough with some frame repairs, engine, belt cover, throttle linkage, shift linkage and engine mount is gone. I am sure other parts as well. It looks like the handle bars are chrome under the white paint.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

I think it is a pretty early one. Flat frame on top. Numbers are 172-42. Took some sanding through thick paint to find them.

You bought that outta Camarillo Ca area , I saw it on market place , the engine plate doesnt exist on that model , and yes bars are chrome and forks too or at least they were . Join my site on FB , Powell Mini Bike Owners Association

You bought that outta Camarillo Ca area , I saw it on market place , the engine plate doesnt exist on that model , and yes bars are chrome and forks too or at least they were . Join my site on FB , Powell Mini Bike Owners Association
Thanks. Looks like member Minibike Paul has number #117-5 that is the oldest known example with original engine. Does not mention year.

I just joined the Facebook site. Look forward to learning more and seeing if it can be rebuilt or if is too big of a project for me. It was purchased in the PNW. How does the engine mount then?

Hello I wanted to follow up with the group. It is a very early Powell that has a stationary engine and a shiftier/belt tensioner that was quickly abandoned. I was told built around August '67? I have it mostly dissemble and at the fabricator getting some welds repaired. I am hopeful I can get enough parts to get it going again soon. Lots of struggle removing stuck parts and getting the tires off the rusty wheel halves. Thanks.